Best armor and weapon enchantments?

#1DontHoldBackPosted 12/30/2011 5:42:15 PM
I plan on getting 100 enchanting soon (85 at the moment) and with that comes the decision of how to enchant my legendary daedric armor and sword. The only ones I'm sure about are some fire/frost/shock resist, fortify one hand, absorb health, and soul trap, but what other ones are worthwhile for my heavy armor/sneak/one-handed warrior?

Also, I understand that some enchantments for armor are only available for certain pieces of armor (such as 1 enchantment working on boots but not helmet) so some planning is needed to create a good setup.

Any help is appreciated. Even just posting your setup (whether it's optimal or not) will be helpful.
---
The only real control we have is over ourselves. So let's get over it that we can't and we won't control anything else.
#2AddictedToXboxPosted 12/30/2011 6:08:50 PM
These are all my opinion, but oh well.

Shield: Resist Magicka and Fortify Block
Armor: Fortify Health and Stamina
Helmet: Fortify Archery and Waterbreathing
Gauntlets: Fortify One-Handed and Two-Handed
Boots: Muffle
Weapon: Paralyze and Absorb Health/Stamina
---
Don't mess with me because I can argue with you on the Internet!
#3DontHoldBack(Topic Creator)Posted 12/30/2011 6:11:11 PM
AddictedToXbox posted...

Interesting ideas but I'll want to alter a few things to suit my character better.
---
The only real control we have is over ourselves. So let's get over it that we can't and we won't control anything else.
#4AddictedToXboxPosted 12/30/2011 6:13:43 PM
DontHoldBack posted...
AddictedToXbox posted...

Interesting ideas but I'll want to alter a few things to suit my character better.

If you plan on using Soul Trap, make sure it's Fiery Soul Trap. You can find the enchantment on a weapon in Ironbind Barrow.
---
Don't mess with me because I can argue with you on the Internet!
#5hauntbotPosted 12/30/2011 6:21:49 PM
DontHoldBack posted...
I plan on getting 100 enchanting soon (85 at the moment) and with that comes the decision of how to enchant my legendary daedric armor and sword. The only ones I'm sure about are some fire/frost/shock resist, fortify one hand, absorb health, and soul trap, but what other ones are worthwhile for my heavy armor/sneak/one-handed warrior?

Also, I understand that some enchantments for armor are only available for certain pieces of armor (such as 1 enchantment working on boots but not helmet) so some planning is needed to create a good setup.

Any help is appreciated. Even just posting your setup (whether it's optimal or not) will be helpful.

assuming your heavy armor/sneak/one hander doesnt use any magic, id probably set things up like this:

weapon: fire damage + firey soul trap/ shock damage/ice damage(your choice), or unenechanted + elemental fury. with good armor you really shouldnt need the life steal, but its always an option if you really want it. stamina steal enables power attack spam, so you might want that too if you dont insta-murder everything anyway.

helm: nothing really good if you arent a mage, i guess settle for archery + water breathing....? if you do use some spell school (restoration for healing, illusion for muffle, etc) then go for that instead.

body armor: fortify health + health regen

gloves: fortify one handed, fortify sneak

boots: fortify one handed, muffle/fortify sneak (if you use muffle spell)

amulet: resist magic, fortify one handed

ring: resist magic, fortify one handed

optionally you can swap the fortify one handed enchantments on the ring/necklace for more stealth if you need it. if you use daggers then they arent affected by fortify one handed at all, so that would definitely change things.

if you use a shield and have the elemental protection perk, you can also get fire and ice resistance on it, which frees up your amulets for more sneak or whatever.
---
NV 4 LYFE!!!1111(not changing dis sig until fo4 comes out.... or my a.d.d. distracts me & i sig something stupid)
#6DontHoldBack(Topic Creator)Posted 12/30/2011 6:21:51 PM
I did not know there was such a thing as a fiery soul trap. Thanks for the info.
---
#7mr_impressivePosted 12/30/2011 6:51:58 PM(edited)
Here's my setup:

I started off as a destruction conjure mage aiming to get -100% cost for each school. Accomplished that but then decided to switch up so I can keep gaining levels. That might help explain my list. Also, I have a smithing suit meaning I enchanted a ring, necklace, bracers, and armor with the enchantment that says 'weapons and armor can be improved 25% better'.

Armor: Dest spells cost 27% less. Conj spells cost 27% less (messing with an enchanting potion when I did this that made it 27 instead of the usual 25)

Boots: One-handed atk do 40% more dmg. Sneaking is 40% better (helpful since your still using heavy armor)

Gauntlets: same as boots

helmet (1): Dest and Conj 25% less to cast

helmet (2): Waterbreathing

necklace: Increase heavy armor skill by 25 pts. one-handed atk do 40% more

ring: same as necklace

Depending on the situation I may throw my other ring and necklace on in order to get get the -100% cost for dest and conj.

sword(1): absorb health, fill soul gem
sword(2): fill soul gem, paralyze

---
Street smart is just a term dumb people use when they want to use the word smart to describe themselves.
-Darnell "Crabman" Turner (My Name is Earl)