So the oghma infinium doesn't work right?

#1Carte360Posted 1/1/2012 10:27:53 AM
I followed this method

"You activate the bookshelf, and while in the bookshelf menu, go to your books and read it, and select a path. Close the book, and press X to put it back on the shelf. Then, to repeat, take the book back off the shelf without reading it, and re-activate the bookshelf menu."

But alas the book disappears after taking it off the bookshelf... sooo no glitching for me? :'(
---
Xbox Live GT: Deathx113
Aim: Zettaslow123, I love all of you ;D
#2DarkSymbiotePosted 1/1/2012 10:28:24 AM
The Infinium works fine.
---
Bethesda should be like kangaroos, as in they shouldn't be able to step back with each new game.
#3Carte360(Topic Creator)Posted 1/1/2012 10:29:18 AM
Is that method wrong then?
---
#4jayhov23Posted 1/1/2012 10:32:46 AM
its actually more like you go to the book shelf press a once....and the inventory screen tells you to put a book in a shelf...
go find the oghma infinium....read it and then bress B ONCE so that way your still in the inventory screen ....then you press X to store the book in the shelf....and repeat the process ;)
because if you press B TWICE the book disappears since you got out of the inventory screen....
thats the reason why your book disappeared
#5tw1nt3rr0rPosted 1/1/2012 10:34:08 AM

Cheats section says pre patch but i'm not sure how accurate that actually is

#6Carte360(Topic Creator)Posted 1/1/2012 10:37:04 AM
jayhov23 posted...
its actually more like you go to the book shelf press a once....and the inventory screen tells you to put a book in a shelf...
go find the oghma infinium....read it and then bress B ONCE so that way your still in the inventory screen ....then you press X to store the book in the shelf....and repeat the process ;)
because if you press B TWICE the book disappears since you got out of the inventory screen....
thats the reason why your book disappeared

I see well this is what happens for me.

1. I go into the bookshelf menu
2. I read and select a skill to increase in the oghma
3. I press B to stop reading and X to store
4. I go into the bookshelf and press A to take the book
5. I go to my books re-read the oghma but it doesn't let me select a skill, just look at it :/
---
#7Carte360(Topic Creator)Posted 1/1/2012 10:49:44 AM
bump for glitching justice... :?
---
#8youshallbeasgodPosted 1/1/2012 10:59:02 AM
Activate the container/bookshelvf
READ THE BOOK AND STORE IT
Take the book, DON'T READ IT
activate the container again
READ THE BOOK AND STORE IT
#9Carte360(Topic Creator)Posted 1/1/2012 11:02:22 AM
Activate bookcase
Read Book
Hit b to close book, but DO NOT EXIT BOOK CASE
Place book in bookcase
Close out of the bookcase menu
Move cursor over Book on bookcase, but not open bookcase
Pick up book, but DO NOT READ it
Once it is in your inventory repeat all the steps over again.

This made the most sense to me, seems people skip over the detail that you have to take book while you are outside the bookshelf menu, or maybe I'm just dense haha
---
#10RavensRules69Posted 1/1/2012 11:12:17 AM
I did try the bookshelf method with a totally new character, and I can confirm that it DOES work, at least for me. I even left my house, did some quests, went back and upped a few levels with it just out of curiosity, and it still worked, so far as I can tell, they only patched the container method.