Any way to organize inventory in chests?

#1the cow ninjaPosted 1/2/2012 9:24:00 PM
Just getting tired of not having stuff in my house organized in each container alphabetically. Any way for it to get organized other than just putting items in one by one, or will I have to deal with that?
---
http://i45.tinypic.com/34rixlf.jpg
#2HeavensCloud889Posted 1/2/2012 9:25:21 PM
No way on the 360 as far as I've experienced.
---
*Goes off to search for missing 9*
#3brawl4funPosted 1/2/2012 9:25:36 PM
Nope, sorry. Try putting stuff in the other containers in your house.
---
The official Odahvinng of the Skyrim boards. (360)
#4PlasmarrowPosted 1/2/2012 9:26:32 PM
I wish.
---
Be polite. Be efficient. Have a plan to kill everyone you meet. -The Sniper
#5FurioPosted 1/2/2012 9:28:08 PM
[This message was deleted at the request of the original poster]
#6Aqua69696Posted 1/2/2012 9:29:28 PM
Umm, if it helps, I use a different container for each thing, like weapons in one, armour in the next, ingrediants in the next, and so on. easy enough to find stuff. Of course having square be put in container AND take all should be punishable by death *fumes*. Rarely happens, but when it does... BLLLAAAAAAAGGGH.
---
I used to make arrow in the knee jokes, but then I took a kick to the balls.
#7the cow ninja(Topic Creator)Posted 1/2/2012 9:31:40 PM

Umm, if it helps, I use a different container for each thing, like weapons in one, armour in the next, ingrediants in the next, and so on. easy enough to find stuff. Of course having square be put in container AND take all should be punishable by death *fumes*. Rarely happens, but when it does... BLLLAAAAAAAGGGH.

That's what I've been doing since the day I bought the shanty house in Oblivion. But it still sucks not having stuff organize like that. I'm pretty sure FO3 and NV organized stuff alphabetically all day erryday, I wonder why it's not in Skyrim.
---
the cow ninja (36) | Board List | Topic List | Post New Message | Barrel Roll
#8Sin_Angelus_Posted 1/2/2012 9:37:18 PM

I'm pretty sure FO3 and NV organized stuff alphabetically all day erryday

Lol
#9DarkSeraphMPosted 1/2/2012 9:39:24 PM
I just hate how lists will "jump" suddenly if you're placing/buying/selling a lot of individual items. There's been several times I've had to reload a save because I was trying to sell 5 iron daggers and ended up selling a powerful weapon I'd enchanted because the inventory list "jumped."

On topic: I agree. I wish chests and cabinets would sort by category like vendors' inventories do. Right now I'm coping by doing what Aqua69696 said. I've got a chest for ingredients near the Alchemy lab, a cupboard for smithing/enchanting related stuff, a dresser for apparel, a chest for valuable stuff I don't want to sell, etc. etc. You get the idea. I wish there was a way to lock a container without the control console. Not necessary, really, just helps with immersion.
---
You abandoned your friend to die. He's calling for you, while the children spread out his heart to the skies.
#10SoronirPosted 1/2/2012 9:39:35 PM
I have a chest for each type of item. Misc, Weapons, Apparel, Books, Ingredients, Food, surplus cooked food, Potions, ect.