Best race for a thief/assassin?

• Topic Archived
  1. Boards
  2. The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim
  3. Best race for a thief/assassin?
4 years ago#1
I'm basically looking to do a playthrough to cover stuff like the Thieves Guild and get some of the crime achievements (escape from jail, bounty of 1000 in all holds, etc.). What's the best class for a thief or assassin playthrough?
Not going to buy FF13 unless one of the characters is a wise-cracking walrus.
4 years ago#2
I'm going strong with an Argonian
No comment...
4 years ago#3
Khajiit Night Eye FTW. If you don't care about night eye or want to be a cat, than race doesn't matter.
robitussin217 posted
If you be wantin balance than go play co-op on a see-saw, bro!!! LMAO ZOMG ZOMG!
4 years ago#4
My first was a Khajiit, followed by an Imperial, but now I am rocking a Redguard.
4 years ago#5
The only thing turning me off from an Argonian playthrough is the water breathing bonus. I'm not sure how useful that is. Otherwise, they're good. Would a Dunmer make an effective thief/mage mix?
Not going to buy FF13 unless one of the characters is a wise-cracking walrus.
4 years ago#6
Probably Khajiit. They start off with bonuses in archery, sneak, lockpicking and pickpocket. I find race to be pretty irrelevant, however. Your levelling decisions >>>>> race bonuses.
4 years ago#7
I have an Argonian and a Khajiit. I see almost absolutely no difference, so either is fine.
"The only reason you can disagree is because you are losing so badly you cannot see it" - J'Zargo
4 years ago#8
Seriously, race means squat beyond powers. If a race has powers that you feel would be useful *cough*Khajiit*cough* then pick it, if none of the powers seem special to you, go for looks. Every race starts with the same Magicka/Health/Stamina (except high elves with their +50 magicka trait), and while starting stats vary, they can all be capped to 100 and max level 81. Race. Means. Zilch.
robitussin217 posted
If you be wantin balance than go play co-op on a see-saw, bro!!! LMAO ZOMG ZOMG!
4 years ago#9
GrandWalrusKing posted...
The only thing turning me off from an Argonian playthrough is the water breathing bonus. I'm not sure how useful that is. Otherwise, they're good. Would a Dunmer make an effective thief/mage mix?

Dunmer are very well built to be thief/ mage, with their starting destruction bonus. However, as stated, starting race means little.
4 years ago#10
lol
At first you don't succeed, get some other sucker to do it.
  1. Boards
  2. The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim
  3. Best race for a thief/assassin?

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived