Best race for a thief/assassin?

#1GrandWalrusKingPosted 1/5/2012 12:25:05 PM
I'm basically looking to do a playthrough to cover stuff like the Thieves Guild and get some of the crime achievements (escape from jail, bounty of 1000 in all holds, etc.). What's the best class for a thief or assassin playthrough?
---
Not going to buy FF13 unless one of the characters is a wise-cracking walrus.
#2heatmaster28Posted 1/5/2012 12:26:38 PM
I'm going strong with an Argonian
---
No comment...
#3DocOdinePosted 1/5/2012 12:27:18 PM
Khajiit Night Eye FTW. If you don't care about night eye or want to be a cat, than race doesn't matter.
---
robitussin217 posted
If you be wantin balance than go play co-op on a see-saw, bro!!! LMAO ZOMG ZOMG!
#4SpearXXIPosted 1/5/2012 12:28:38 PM
My first was a Khajiit, followed by an Imperial, but now I am rocking a Redguard.
#5GrandWalrusKing(Topic Creator)Posted 1/5/2012 12:29:16 PM
The only thing turning me off from an Argonian playthrough is the water breathing bonus. I'm not sure how useful that is. Otherwise, they're good. Would a Dunmer make an effective thief/mage mix?
---
Not going to buy FF13 unless one of the characters is a wise-cracking walrus.
#6bfhurricanePosted 1/5/2012 12:29:57 PM
Probably Khajiit. They start off with bonuses in archery, sneak, lockpicking and pickpocket. I find race to be pretty irrelevant, however. Your levelling decisions >>>>> race bonuses.
#7RZAcePosted 1/5/2012 12:30:13 PM
I have an Argonian and a Khajiit. I see almost absolutely no difference, so either is fine.
---
"The only reason you can disagree is because you are losing so badly you cannot see it" - J'Zargo
#8DocOdinePosted 1/5/2012 12:31:45 PM
Seriously, race means squat beyond powers. If a race has powers that you feel would be useful *cough*Khajiit*cough* then pick it, if none of the powers seem special to you, go for looks. Every race starts with the same Magicka/Health/Stamina (except high elves with their +50 magicka trait), and while starting stats vary, they can all be capped to 100 and max level 81. Race. Means. Zilch.
---
robitussin217 posted
If you be wantin balance than go play co-op on a see-saw, bro!!! LMAO ZOMG ZOMG!
#9seeb0050Posted 1/5/2012 12:38:58 PM
GrandWalrusKing posted...
The only thing turning me off from an Argonian playthrough is the water breathing bonus. I'm not sure how useful that is. Otherwise, they're good. Would a Dunmer make an effective thief/mage mix?

Dunmer are very well built to be thief/ mage, with their starting destruction bonus. However, as stated, starting race means little.
#10GoldenEpicDudePosted 1/5/2012 12:39:40 PM
lol
---
At first you don't succeed, get some other sucker to do it.