Best way to level alchemy?

#1Emporer PantsPosted 1/6/2012 9:20:33 AM
Is there one? I am at level 66 with it and making potions doesn't seem to do jack for increasing it. I got it this far by paying for training, but not that is starting to get a little pricey. Also, if there is a specific potion that levels the skill more, where would one find the ingredients?
---
"Thats a lotta nuts!!"
#2ObviousssPosted 1/6/2012 9:21:55 AM
Giant's toe and wheat.

Make the most expensive potions you can; that levels it up more.
---
XBL GT: Corvolt
#3Au5t1nPosted 1/6/2012 9:23:00 AM
Look the potion recipe here or on google. I leveled mine legit and it didn't seem to take that long except maybe level 80+. Just make simple potions often, just like iron daggers.
#4youshallbeasgodPosted 1/6/2012 9:23:25 AM
Yeah, giant's toe and wheat works. But you can make a even better poison. Wait, i'm gonna check what the third ingredient is
#5mlmorgan23Posted 1/6/2012 9:24:29 AM
http://skyrim-alchemy.com/insert.html

Great site. It will take all of the ingredients that you have and tell you what to make to most efficiently level (and profit from) alchemy.

Hope that helps!
---
I'm 28, live in my mom's basement, never leave, I play ES 19 hrs a day, am a virgin, failed english, and GameFAQS is going out for me. Did I get it all?
#6elp5000Posted 1/6/2012 9:24:39 AM
Obviousss posted...
Giant's toe and wheat.

Add creep cluster (or cluster creep) to that and you get an even better potion..
---
~What Hump ??~
#7IminyourclosetPosted 1/6/2012 9:25:52 AM(edited)
The value of the potion correlates to how much XP you get for crafting it. So just check which ones give you the highest value compared to how easy the ingredients are to acquire.

As stated, the best one is Giant Toe + Wheat. Others you should try to create are Regeneration potions, potions of Invisibility (you start finding loads of Charazus (spelling?) Eggs later, which are the main ingredient) and also things like Resist Shock and Resist Fire. They usually have a high value.
---
"I think all you gotta do is find that little black kid, and doesn't that start the whole backdoor option?" -WHiTE_LickR
#8youshallbeasgodPosted 1/6/2012 9:27:20 AM
elp5000 posted...
Obviousss posted...
Giant's toe and wheat.

Add creep cluster (or cluster creep) to that and you get an even better potion..

This Creep Cluster OR Scaly Pholiota
#9TheVillageIdiotPosted 1/6/2012 9:42:50 AM
giant's toe + blue butterfly wing + blue mountain flower.

when I was about level 40 to 60 in alchemy this was better than giant's toe + wheat and the blue ingredients are just as easy to find as wheat is. might be different with skill being higher or lower.