Galmar Stone-Fist glitch?

#1jamesrcoolPosted 1/16/2012 1:04:32 PM
So I'm at the Palace of Kings, and I've just completed the part of the 'Joining the Stormcloaks' quest where I have to kill an ice wraith. Only problem is, it won't let me have a conversation with him, every time I press a to talk he says 'I don't know how you convinced Ulfric to talk to the empire, worse than a waste of time if you ask me." I'm also at the part of the 'Season Unending' quest and I have to talk to Ulfric Stormcloak. Every time I attempt to talk to him, he tells me to go talk to Galmar, but like I said earlier, I can't talk to Galmar. What do I do?
#2Godly_GoofPosted 1/16/2012 1:06:40 PM
reload to an older save, otherwise your screwed. Its a script error that seems to happen pretty often from my experiences with it except it was with the legion but sounds like the exact same thing.

Should be able to fix it by just reloading and starting that part over again and just dont speed through the dialogue since i found thats generally what ends up triggering it
---
"The only people who fear darkness are those who are still standing in the light"
#3jamesrcool(Topic Creator)Posted 1/16/2012 1:09:09 PM
Well I started both quests a long time ago, I don't think I have an old enough save?
#4Godly_GoofPosted 1/16/2012 1:10:19 PM
then chances are your screwed for completing both of them then
---
"The only people who fear darkness are those who are still standing in the light"
#5bestatfallinPosted 1/16/2012 1:16:36 PM
based on Galmar's response, it sounds like you're doing the "Peace Treaty" mission. If so, you need to finish it first. I've 2 things happen with this mission.

1. Joined the Stormcloaks, had mission to free prisoners from fort. Started the treaty, talked to Tullius and got a mission complete on the prisonbreak. Reloaded, did the prison, then talked to tullius and everything was fine, although, I had to wait until after the treaty to turn it in because Ulfric refused to talk.

2.Started the quests to join either faction, had them both active but never touched. Went to talk to them about the treaty, and both (Tullius and Ulfric) refused to talk to me until I finished the "Join the Blank" quest.

So my advice is to do check for ANY intersecting quests with these characters.
---
Ladle to the Grave
#6jamesrcool(Topic Creator)Posted 1/16/2012 1:28:34 PM
I can't finish the peace treaty mission because Ulfric refuses to talk to me until I talk to Galmar, and Galmar won't talk to me, he just keeps talking about how he disagrees with the treaty
#7bestatfallinPosted 1/16/2012 1:32:27 PM
jamesrcool posted...
I can't finish the peace treaty mission because Ulfric refuses to talk to me until I talk to Galmar, and Galmar won't talk to me, he just keeps talking about how he disagrees with the treaty

Look at your first post, Galmar's response. "How'd you get Ulfric to agree" Sounds like you already have, try talking to Tullius and see if it updates. If not, then I'm honestly surprised you got that far. I had the join quest started before I talked to Ulfric, and he refused (Couldn't advance the Treaty) But if he agrees to go to the treaty, I think he refuses to talk to ou again until after it's over. So try talking to Tullius, if you can advance the treaty mission, it should correct itself once that's finished.
---
Ladle to the Grave
#8jamesrcool(Topic Creator)Posted 1/16/2012 2:02:32 PM
I tried going back and talking Tullius to no avail. Nothing happened when I talked to the Jarl of Whiterun. I found the latest save where I haven't undergone both quests simultaneously, and it looks like I'm going from level 31 to level 20. Serious buzzkill