perk respec?

#1danktank621Posted 1/17/2012 12:33:56 AM
Is it possible to unlearn your perks to redistribute them? If not, anyone wanna take a look at this build I have planned and let me know where I might wanna remove 1 perk point? Its a battle mage type build, with swords for main hand and shock destruction for off hand, with light armor and enchanting being the other 2 focus points. Also dabbling in smithing and restoration, as some of the early restoration perks seem very useful. The reason I would be fine if I were to redistribute is because I put a perk point into augmented fire, then realized I wanted to go with lightning as I prefer having a target disintegrate rather than flee or be paralyzed (disintegrate vs. deep freeze/intense flames perks), and also I wanna enchant my weapons with fire so I don't wanna focus on fire spells and have all my eggs in one basket. My points in one handed, light armor, and smithing are pretty much final, and the 4 points I have in restoration I would very much like to keep, so it's pretty much destruction or enchanting where I would have to remove a point. Any suggestions? Any other tips/suggestions about my overall build would be appreciated as well. Here it is:
http://skyrimcalculator.com/#58927
#2WstonefiPosted 1/17/2012 12:47:43 AM(edited)
You keep getting perks past level 50, dude.

Also, Bladesman is garbage, adds almost no damage. I strongly urge you not to take it.
#3alex1_2_3_4_5Posted 1/17/2012 12:50:18 AM
Also augmented flames will help your fire enchants
---
White FC: 0132 3012 2303
#4SantaPawsPosted 1/17/2012 12:59:11 AM(edited)
my eyes!

Is it possible to unlearn your perks to redistribute them?
No.

If not, anyone wanna take a look at this build I have planned and let me know where I might wanna remove 1 perk point?
Alright, I usual don't suggest perks (take whatever you feel is useful), however I would reccomend taking the second rank of augmented flames, and recovery if you're going to roll with destruction, restoration and light armor (if you're not at the cap yet).

Its a battle mage type build, with swords for main hand and shock destruction for off hand, with light armor and enchanting being the other 2 focus points. Also dabbling in smithing and restoration, as some of the early restoration perks seem very useful. The reason I would be fine if I were to redistribute is because I put a perk point into augmented fire, then realized I wanted to go with lightning as I prefer having a target disintegrate rather than flee or be paralyzed (disintegrate vs. deep freeze/intense flames perks), and also I wanna enchant my weapons with fire so I don't wanna focus on fire spells and have all my eggs in one basket. My points in one handed, light armor, and smithing are pretty much final, and the 4 points I have in restoration I would very much like to keep, so it's pretty much destruction or enchanting where I would have to remove a point. Any suggestions?

So you want to have shock battlemage, with fire enchant on your main weapon.
Points in One Handed, Light Armor, and Smithing are spent/non-negotiable leaving only destruction or enchanting to remove 1 point.
---
"Let's get growing!"
http://www.gardeningmama.com/
#5ghosta2Posted 1/17/2012 1:27:35 AM
You would be a spellsword as you use swords, light armor, and destruction. Batlemages uses axes, heavy armor, and destruction. With that out of the way on to a revised build.

http://skyrimcalculator.com/#58954

I can tell you that soul siphon and soul squeezer are wasted perks as Soul gems are way to easy to obtain and fill. I guese if you want to use the staff of magnus as your main weapon then you'll need Soul Squeezer.

Bladesman is garbage as the bonus is only to the weapons base damage. Even if bladesman gave 200% bonus you'd only see around 40 points of extra damage.

I actually changed your smithing perks to the heavy side so that you can make both the best light armor, the best heavy armor, and the best weapons. Why make glass armor when you can make Dragonscale armor and a Daedric long sword.

Disintegrate is not very good, you'll usually skip the threshold and kill your target outright.

The perks in alteration are so that you can get atronach and cast detect life, telekineses, detect dead, waterbreaking, and paralyze a lot.

silent casting is mostly so that you don't alert the entire dungeon when you cast a spell.

I like the merchant perk from the speech tree as it makes offloading loot 300% faster.

Alchemy is so that you can make strong potions. Why use the generic restore magika potions when you can make you own that both fortify and restore magika. Your potions will eventually be stronger then 95% of all generic potions.

I find the cost reduction perks in restoration unnecessary. Even with just ~200 magika I never had a problem with not having enough magika to heal myself.
---
"What is better. To be born good or to overcome your evil nature through great effort." - Paarthurnax
Gt: Ghosta2
#6danktank621(Topic Creator)Posted 1/18/2012 7:40:52 PM
Awesome thanks for the input. Hmm lol didn't know that about the battle mage, just thought a 1-h spell mage was a battle mage, didn't know about the axes/heavy armor but thanks for the input. Thanks for the build idea ghost
#7danktank621(Topic Creator)Posted 1/18/2012 7:43:44 PM
Wait I thought you stopped getting perks at level 50, how come it goes to red on that build calculator when you go past 50? You really gets perks all the way to 81?
#8charon78auPosted 1/18/2012 7:44:53 PM
danktank621 posted...
Wait I thought you stopped getting perks at level 50, how come it goes to red on that build calculator when you go past 50? You really gets perks all the way to 81?

Yes, all the way to 81.
---
Crusty old SNES fanboy.
#9MrAwesome312Posted 1/18/2012 7:48:24 PM
I hope perk redistribution comes in a DLC.
---
I've got the moves like Jagger
3DS FC: 1934 - 0688 - 0329
#10ChriSquared222Posted 1/18/2012 7:49:40 PM
ill bet money that someday theyll release dlc attached to something larger that will allow you to respec your perks.
---
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iqHrxwRbYRY