Ultimate Werewolf/Vampire Hybrid Build

#1OptimisticZPosted 1/28/2012 11:03:23 PM
So, I wanna RP as a Werepyre and am looking for the best way to maximize my strengths and minimize my weaknesses. Don't bother spamming my thread about viability and whatnot. I'm dead set on this.

1. Anyways, I'm going with an assassin build with a particular focus on sneaking, alteration, and destruction.
-Alteration for protection spells to live longer in Werewolf form. As well as magic resist perks.
-Destruction for cloak spells to further increase damage output in melee range.
-Sneak to evaluate my opponent before going in as a werewolf or vampire. As well as thinning the easy targets before initiating 1v1 with the boss in werewolf form.

2. Wearing mage gears for mana+manaregen to cast spells. Suggested set?

3. Taking advantage of minor glitches like dual staves/enchanted weapons for greater damage output in werewolf form.

4. Lord starsign for defense and magic resist.

What am I missing?
#2SythiriusPosted 1/28/2012 11:20:49 PM
http://m.gamefaqs.com/boards/615803-the-elder-scrolls-v-skyrim/61771847

This thread will explain ways to make werewolf form more viable. Also, you are going to want Necromage.

http://m.gamefaqs.com/boards/615803-the-elder-scrolls-v-skyrim/61641829

My other suggestion would be to USE illusion magic. If you do not use illusion magic, this build is not viable at all, and many quests will be uncompleteable to you as you can't feed as a hybrid. Illusion will fix this and the vampires 25% buff is one of the main reasons to be one

Hope this helped.
---
Aka! I do this for our shared madness! I watch you watching me watching you back!
Ask me about Christ.
#3UnknwnwrriorPosted 1/28/2012 11:31:02 PM(edited)
The best way to become a hybrid is by contracting Sanguinare Vampiris before Skjor asks you to drink from the pool of blood.
- Get disease
- Enter Underforge
- Save
- Wait X amount of hours you need to contract vampirism.
- Timing needs to be so you get message of blood boiling right as you drink blood or get message 'Beast form added'

See this thread:
http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/615803-the-elder-scrolls-v-skyrim/61416788

By doing this, you become a hybrid capable of using the Underforge (and, by extension, Totems of Hircine) AND still have beast blood.
The Ring of Hircine hybrid method is easier, but will not regrant you use of Beast Blood or the Underforge like the aforementioned method does.

You NEED Animage and Kindred Mage (and probably Harmony) to make guards unaggro. If you're planning to spend large amounts of time in cities, invest in some fortify illusion potions to make the unaggro last longer. Note that vampires like Alva and Sybille Stentor either need the final Illusion perk to calm them (as they're undead) or kill them beforehand.
#4Voodoo_VoldoPosted 1/28/2012 11:31:27 PM
Wolf blood makes you immune to disease ... Hense immune to vampirism... unless someone found a loophole....
---
GT: Necronoxx, MK Main Reptile, Alt Kano, CSZ
Proud owner of a Dodge Tomahawk
#5PlasmarrowPosted 1/28/2012 11:37:28 PM
I don't think the responses would look the way they do if there wasn't a loophole.
---
Be polite. Be efficient. Have a plan to kill everyone you meet. -The Sniper
#6reaper329Posted 1/29/2012 12:33:37 AM

http://m.gamefaqs.com/boards/615803-the-elder-scrolls-v-skyrim/61771847

This thread will explain ways to make werewolf form more viable. Also, you are going to want Necromage.

http://m.gamefaqs.com/boards/615803-the-elder-scrolls-v-skyrim/61641829

My other suggestion would be to USE illusion magic. If you do not use illusion magic, this build is not viable at all, and many quests will be uncompleteable to you as you can't feed as a hybrid. Illusion will fix this and the vampires 25% buff is one of the main reasons to be one

Hope this helped.

I'm honored to have my topic quoted. :)
---
Number of cat owners who, at some point, have grabbed their cat and reenacted the opening scene from "The Lion King." - 19.5 (.5 from dog owner)
#7OptimisticZ(Topic Creator)Posted 1/29/2012 1:18:17 AM
Unknwnwrrior posted...
The best way to become a hybrid is by contracting Sanguinare Vampiris before Skjor asks you to drink from the pool of blood.
- Get disease
- Enter Underforge
- Save
- Wait X amount of hours you need to contract vampirism.
- Timing needs to be so you get message of blood boiling right as you drink blood or get message 'Beast form added'

See this thread:
http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/615803-the-elder-scrolls-v-skyrim/61416788

By doing this, you become a hybrid capable of using the Underforge (and, by extension, Totems of Hircine) AND still have beast blood.
The Ring of Hircine hybrid method is easier, but will not regrant you use of Beast Blood or the Underforge like the aforementioned method does.

You NEED Animage and Kindred Mage (and probably Harmony) to make guards unaggro. If you're planning to spend large amounts of time in cities, invest in some fortify illusion potions to make the unaggro last longer. Note that vampires like Alva and Sybille Stentor either need the final Illusion perk to calm them (as they're undead) or kill them beforehand.

Um, I already knew that..........

I was asking for extra tips on augmentating my hybrid without breaking the game. (fort resto loop is an exploit that I won't ever do, for example.)
#8OptimisticZ(Topic Creator)Posted 1/29/2012 2:21:33 PM
I really liked the necromage idea - definitely grabbing it ASAP. The one thing I dislike is it amplifies fire damage against me as well. And it'll be a while until I get enchantments to remedy this.

Anything else?

I'd like to hear about strategies in werewolf form. Especially against dragons. Generally, I cast dragonrend and then try to rip it apart on the ground ASAP.

Also, does my vamp resistance to frost and weakness to fire and lord guardian sign carry over into werewolf form?
#9FindKenshiPosted 1/29/2012 2:28:36 PM
OptimisticZ posted...
I'd like to hear about strategies in werewolf form.

http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/615803-the-elder-scrolls-v-skyrim/61394913

Let me know if this helps. I'm actually working on an all-encompassing FAQ for Werewolves in Skryim.
---
From this day forward, I will troll no more forever.
17 JAN 2012
#10Zero IXPosted 1/29/2012 2:45:17 PM
Viability? You'll be unstoppable killing machine, and as an added bonus, hybrids become "stuck" at the fourth "blood starved" stage of vampirism, but NPCs are not hostile towards you. It's probably the best of both worlds.

First things first:

Breton + Lord stone + 2/3 Magic Resistance + Agent of Mara= 85% Resist Magic and no need for an enchantment

You'll obviously need Necromage. It will allow you to get 4 minutes or so of Ebonyflesh (that's with Stability and Alteration Dual-Casting), which with the Lord stone leads to an AR of 427 and will actually last longer than Beast Form (unless you extend your Bloodlust)... that's not too shabby. You also have 99 seconds iirc of Dragonhide at your disposal, too, if you're going into a particularly hairy situation (no pun intended).

For a Necromage vampire spell-caster, there's no better outfit than the Archmage's Robes. Why? It reduces the cost of all spells by 15%, which gets bumped up to 18% by Necromage... and Necromage also allows you to make 46% Fortify Enchanting potions, which allows you to make fortify skill potions of 33% for the magic schools, which Necromage bumps up to 41%. This means that you can reduce the cost of three magical schools to zero.

For example, you'd put on the Archmage's Robes, a circlet with 33% Fortify Destruction and 33% Fortify Alteration, a necklace with 33% Fortify Destruction and 33% Fortify Illusion, and a ring with 33% Fortify Illusion and 33% Fortify Alteration... and bam, you've got free Destruction, Alteration, and Illusion spells on top of over six levels worth of extra magicka, 125% faster Magicka regen, and an 18% reduction to Restoration and Conjuration spells.

I seriously can't think of a better setup. I just made the character I described above (vampire mage assassin) and she has been by far the most fun character to play as, bar none.
---
"An Incandescent Revelation in a World of Darkened Forms"
The bird of Hermes is my name, eating my wings to make me tame