Fastest way to harvest blood for Oghma Infinium quest...

#1MaximotheladPosted 1/31/2012 3:50:57 AM
Anyone know a super quick way to harvest the blood?
#2VexNoFacePosted 1/31/2012 4:25:45 AM
Go to halted steam mine or whatever its called
d, just north of whiterun.. the one with alot of iron ore.. there's usually a wood elf, orc and on this playtheough a dark elf as well for bandits.. when u go through the mine to the back exit, there's a dead high elf. Then a three minute walk east to shimmerist cave for falmer. Pinewood home or whatever its called (sorry, not at my xbox to check) sometimes also has all elves except falmer as well. The wiki has info if u search the quest.. uesp.net probably also has tips.
---
If you're 25 or older and want a group of relaxed adults to play BF3 with, pm me
#3l Dudeboy lPosted 1/31/2012 4:37:02 AM
You'll get most, if not all of the elven blood you need from doing the Wolfskull cave quest. Falk Firebeard gives you a quest to go there at the Blue Palace in Solitude.
---
You are now breathing manually.
Lets put a little lead in the air, and see what falls over.
#4darkhouse999Posted 1/31/2012 4:53:10 AM
Also the ruins that you need to use to get to Blackreach the first time has almost all the blood samples you need.
#5dookie0311Posted 1/31/2012 11:39:11 AM
Liar's Retreat in the Reach has all but High Elf, but it's a pretty rough dungeon.
#6maturin1919Posted 1/31/2012 11:46:14 AM
darkhouse999 posted...
Also the ruins that you need to use to get to Blackreach the first time has almost all the blood samples you need.

Has everything except an orc, it's where I got four out of five samples. Was pretty easy too, since you're there soon before you need the blood. The enemies shouldn't have respawned if you head right back there to collect blood samples.
---
Veni, vidi, vici.
#7SentanaPosted 1/31/2012 12:04:10 PM(edited)
I think alot of people overlook where to look for a high elf. In the last area of the Alftand Animulculory just before you go into the Cathedral, there is a high elf corpse named Valie laid down. Do not loot it until you get the Harvesting Blood quest and then come back to harvest Valie's blood. For the other blood types, just go to Liar's Retreat. If it's too hard to take on all the falmers, lower the difficulty and stay near the front door. Just kill one falmer at a time and go out the door. Then come back. Rinse, repeat.
#8DomoArigatoUnoPosted 1/31/2012 12:10:53 PM
In the very same ruin Alftand, you can get all blood types except Dunmer.
---
XBL Gamertag: MaleficiousOne
"GOOD GOD!!!...It smells like foot and @$$ up in this house!"--In Living Color
#9RthanPosted 1/31/2012 12:12:35 PM
Alftand has every single sample of elf blood you need except for Dark Elf one, but there are several corpses of DE laying around, one is the the alchemist pond by falkreath's windmill, another is in a cave outside the Thalmor embassy.
---
It took hundreds to kill me, but I killed lives by the thousands - Luca Blight
#10DomoArigatoUnoPosted 1/31/2012 12:12:45 PM
Oh, and for a quick Dunmer's blood just go by Drelas' Cottage.
---
XBL Gamertag: MaleficiousOne
"GOOD GOD!!!...It smells like foot and @$$ up in this house!"--In Living Color