2 More Invisible Chest Confirmed!

#1apples1671Posted 1/31/2012 2:31:18 PM
I swear if I have to bump this 5 times before someone notices, I will kill Paarthurax and send his bones off the Throat of the World.

I originally heard about chests here:
http://elderscrolls.wikia.com/wiki/Khajiit_Caravans#Trivia

Original Topic:
http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/615803-the-elder-scrolls-v-skyrim/61779949

The merchant chests of Ri'saad and Ma'dran can be found like Ahkari's.
Ri'saad's chest is in outside of Solitude and Ma'dran's Chest is outside of Markarth.

Ma'dran's chest can be found by Fast traveling to the Markarth stables, and then heading east. Go past the mine and the farm and continue heading east. You should see a bridge with a couple of stone walls to the left. Go to the one closest to the bridge. The chest should be infront of the side of the wall that is facing the river.

Credit goes to Matharred for finding and posting better directions to the Solitude Chest.

Matharred posted...
As you are walking up the stone road towards Solitude, from the stables, there is an archway that you pass under with red flags on it before you actually reach the doors to Solitude. DO NOT pass under the archway. Instead, stop before the archway and look to your right. Instead of looking for a "tree" look for a "bush" or "small light green tree". If you walk up to the "bush" there are small patches of brownish/green leaves on the ground in front of it. Crouch and move your cursor over/around these patches and you'll find it. But make sure you are sneaking or you won't discover it. Also, the strange thing about this location is that the merchant actually sets his tent up ON TOP of the invisible chest, unlike the other two merchants who are separated from the ones theyre near. This causes the "bush" to disappear, but if you enter his tent you can find the chest just to the left of the rug hes sitting on if youre facing his back looking out the front of the tent. Near the hay there is a similar, if not the same, patch of leaves you can crouch near to find out again. But heres the weird thing.... The Dawnstar chest holds the inventory of the Khajiit merchant that sits close to its location. But the other two chests hold the inventories of the merchants on opposite sides of the map from eachother. (Solitude chest has the Markarth merchants inventory - Markarth chest has the Solitude merchants inventory) This must be in place to prevent the exploitation that can be done with the Dawnstar merchant. It would be too easy for players to fill up on gold and gear if the merchants own chests were sitting as close as they are to them right now, they had to split them up.
---
Use the search bar. It's up there^^^.
#2dragonmarked666Posted 1/31/2012 3:07:24 PM
Well done.
---
Gt: dragonmarked666
#3AaronHutchPosted 1/31/2012 3:09:39 PM
you know, the game is easy enough without exploiting
---
Holmes versus Moriarty, Aristotle versus MASHY-SPIKE PLATE!
#4The_DeterminedPosted 1/31/2012 3:22:36 PM
AaronHutch posted...

This isn't exactly a game-breaking exploit.
---
Team Awesome || Screw SA1, XBLA needs a SA2:B port.
GT: BL4M3xN1GHTM4R3 ~~ I shouldn't have to label my opinions as such.
#5GriffRobertsPosted 1/31/2012 3:27:11 PM

Thank you for your input. This information will be taken into account in our next publication, and your name will be credited.
---
Sometimes I edit my sig so it continues whatever I was posting about.
#6VasDeferensPosted 1/31/2012 3:31:47 PM(edited)
Yesss , thank you if this is true. That invisible Skyforge chest sucks. It's hard to jump out of that guard tower to get to it, I just didn't bother anymore. What we need are more easy to get to and (more importantly) respawning treasure chests .
---
Honest gold for honest work .
#7_Deadeye_CM_Posted 1/31/2012 3:33:42 PM
The important thing about the chest near Solitude is that you HAVE to be Sneaking to be able to search it.
#8apples1671(Topic Creator)Posted 1/31/2012 3:34:09 PM
VasDeferens posted...
Yesss , thank you if this is true. That invisible Skyforge chest sucks. It's hard to jump out of that guard tower to get to it, I just didn't bother anymore. What we need are more easy to get to and (more importantly) respawning treasure chests .

The skyforge chest is invisible? I've always used a kettle and Whirlwind Sprint to get to it.
---
#9apples1671(Topic Creator)Posted 1/31/2012 3:37:08 PM
AaronHutch posted...

Yes, I know.
---
#10Stormkid5Posted 1/31/2012 3:37:10 PM
The explanation about why the two chests are on the other side of the map is shoddy. If the devs didn't want it to be easy they would have moved the Dawnstar chest as well.
---
//NVBM//