How do I make the best Enchanting potion?

#1Hidori_TsunadrePosted 2/2/2012 9:15:47 PM
My Alchemy is only 28 cause I can't stand it, but I want to make some enchanting potions to improve my armor. I'd like to max out Alchemy but it's such a pain.
---
GT: The Lunescent. Black FC: 0389-8395-5178 Name: Hidori
#2EdenEndePosted 2/2/2012 9:20:43 PM
Enchant a helmet, ring, gloves and necklace with Fortify Alchemy.
Make a Fortify Enchanting potion. (Blue Butterfly Wing, Hagraven Claw, Snowberries, and/or Spriggan Sap)
Drink the potion right before you enchant another set of armor with Fortify Alchemy.
Repeat until you get a set of armor with +29% Alchemy.
Wear it, then make more potions.
---
Silence, my brother.
#3sskywalkerPosted 2/2/2012 9:26:18 PM

Make a Fortify Enchanting potion. (Blue Butterfly Wing, Hagraven Claw, Snowberries, and/or Spriggan Sap)
Drink the potion right before you enchant another set of armor with Fortify Alchemy.

using this, can you make an infinitely strong fortify alchemy enchantment?
#4RikiazPosted 2/2/2012 9:29:08 PM
sskywalker posted...
using this, can you make an infinitely strong fortify alchemy enchantment?

Nope, it softcaps at 29% unless you are a vampire with the Necromage perk.
---
In death lays ecstasy, in undeath lays immortality
#5HeyDoYaThangPosted 2/2/2012 9:29:50 PM

You could use the Oghma Infinium glitch to fast level alchemy etc but you don't need alchemy maxed to still have pretty decent armor.  Armor caps at 670 I think and you can probably get pretty close to that with 28 alchemy and the right armor and perks.  Plus with the right enchants and 2 enchants on each armor you would take very little damage anyways.  So you don't really need to cheat.

1. Create a set of fortify alchemy armor. 
2. Craft 4 potions of Fortify Enchanting.
3. Use the 4 Fortify Enchanting potions to craft a new set of Fortify Alchemy gear.
4. Use this new set to create 6 potions of Fortify Enchanting.
5. Use the 6 potions to create a set of Fortify Alchemy & Smithing gear.
6. Use this new set to create some Fortify Smithing potions.
7. Use the Fortify Alchemy & Smithing gear and Fortify Smithing potions to create your armor.
8. Use the Fortify Anchanting potions to enchant your armor.

Also you might want to rename your final set of alchemy and smithing gear to something like Smithing Armor, Smithing Ring etc. so that it is easy to find later when stored with all your other stuff.  Then later when your alchemy is higher you can always create new armor.

#6Hidori_Tsunadre(Topic Creator)Posted 2/2/2012 9:40:14 PM
HeyDoYaThang posted...
You could use the Oghma Infinium glitch to fast level alchemy etc but you don't need alchemy maxed to still have pretty decent armor. Armor caps at 670 I think and you can probably get pretty close to that with 28 alchemy and the right armor and perks. Plus with the right enchants and 2 enchants on each armor you would take very little damage anyways. So you don't really need to cheat.1. Create a set of fortify alchemy armor. 2. Craft 4 potions of Fortify Enchanting.3. Use the 4 Fortify Enchanting potions to craft a new set of Fortify Alchemy gear.4. Use this new set to create 6 potions of Fortify Enchanting.5. Use the 6 potions to create a set of Fortify Alchemy & Smithing gear.6. Use this new set to create some Fortify Smithing potions.7. Use the Fortify Alchemy & Smithing gear and Fortify Smithing potions to create your armor.8. Use the Fortify Anchanting potions to enchant your armor.Also you might want to rename your final set of alchemy and smithing gear to something like Smithing Armor, Smithing Ring etc. so that it is easy to find later when stored with all your other stuff. Then later when your alchemy is higher you can always create new armor.

I really only want to max it because I'm maxing all my status, but I should use the glitch. I really might just use it on that.
---
GT: The Lunescent. Black FC: 0389-8395-5178 Name: Hidori
#7EdenEndePosted 2/6/2012 10:00:13 AM
http://www.xbox360achievements.org/forum/showthread.php?t=344048
---
Silence, my brother.