Briar heart quest?

#1Manor_47Posted 2/12/2012 5:50:28 PM
At some point I picked up a briar heart from a forsworn and it's a quest item that stacks with the other ones I'm carrying. I now can't drop any of them, can't sell them or use them in alchemy and they're beginning to weigh quite a bit. Can anyone tell me where I pick up the quest for it so I can get rid of the bloody thing?!
#21DrezanePosted 2/12/2012 5:55:09 PM(edited)
Manor_47 posted...
At some point I picked up a briar heart from a forsworn and it's a quest item that stacks with the other ones I'm carrying. I now can't drop any of them, can't sell them or use them in alchemy and they're beginning to weigh quite a bit. Can anyone tell me where I pick up the quest for it so I can get rid of the bloody thing?!

Thought this was fixed with 1.4 patch? It's part of the quest "Repairing the Phial". 1 briarheart needed for it. Only way to get the quest is to complete the main quest through "The Throat of the World" being that one of the other quest pieces are located there. Only way to get rid of them sooner is to eat them. It should allow you to eat all but one. It's a waste, I know, but if you need more carry space, that's your chance.

~*~EDIT
You must of course have completed the preliminary quest to obtain the phial. Quest given by Alchemist in Windhelm.
---
"Pro-tip: Before criticizing someone, you should probably read your own statements for logical fallacies first." ~Rapaleeman
#3feeltheninjutsuPosted 2/12/2012 5:53:59 PM
http://elderscrolls.wikia.com/wiki/Repairing_the_Phial
---
"Not everything is a lesson. Sometimes you just fail." - Dwight Schrute
"I don't get high, life keeps me at a decent height." -Lupe Fiasco
#4Manor_47(Topic Creator)Posted 2/12/2012 5:56:53 PM
Cool, thanks! No 1.4 hasn't fixed it, or at least not on mine anyway. Never tried eating them, never crossed my mind TBH but I'll head off and start the quests to hopefully get rid of it.
#51DrezanePosted 2/12/2012 5:59:46 PM
No problem. I had the same problem, couldn't get rid of the damn thing but I recently started the Repair quest so on my way to being free of it. I had it in my log and it wasn't registering that I completed that part of the quest line. When I updated, it kicked in. So I guess they only fixed that aspect of it.
---
"Pro-tip: Before criticizing someone, you should probably read your own statements for logical fallacies first." ~Rapaleeman
#6EdenEndePosted 2/12/2012 6:11:50 PM
And just so you know, essential items don't add their weight to your encumbrance.
---
Silence, my brother.
#7SouldoggPosted 2/14/2012 10:22:31 AM
When I installed the patch, I could finally turn in the quest, but the Briar Hearts are still quest items for me. I can't put down or use any of them, and I can eat all but two of them in my inventory. Still can't use any for alchemy either... :(
---
~Deserve victory~
#8DarkSeraphMPosted 2/14/2012 10:26:01 AM
If you have more than 1, you have to eat ALL but 1 before you turn in the quest, or you will then be screwed as far as briar hearts go. I hope you still have the autosave from when you walked into The White Phial.
---
Do not provoke us with the bonegleam shining from your broken bodies. It is a transgression against the night!