Best daggers in the game?

#1agentjayd007Posted 3/3/2012 9:48:55 PM
I have found plenty of ebony daggers and such around, I was wondering if anyone knows what the best daggers in the game are? My stealther character right now uses a sword and a mace, would like to go with daggers though, but none I ever find are any good.
---
"For the first time, I'm glad to have you as my father" Tidus, Final Fantasy X----Xbox Live Tag: Everlore
#2ghosta2Posted 3/3/2012 9:57:55 PM
In terms of base damage the blade(s) of woe have the highest damage. however there enchantment is a terrible 10 pts absorb health. The best would be a pair of custom enchanted Daedric Daggers (or unechanted if you like to use the elemental fury shout)
---
"What is better. To be born good or to overcome your evil nature through great effort." - Paarthurnax
Gt: Ghosta2
#3Hockeyking89Posted 3/4/2012 2:32:06 AM
The Blade of Woe, while counted as a dagger and with the benefits of a dagger, also suffers from a slower swing speed. The BoW swings at the same speed as a sword, not a dagger.
#4IamI3rianPosted 3/4/2012 2:39:49 AM(edited)
Valdr's lucky dagger is sweet, since it can stack crits. 25% chance of 60x damage with a sneak attack is nothing to sneeze at.
---
Remember: IamI3rian told ya
Dodongo dislikes smoke. -Old Man
#5ThermalStonePosted 3/4/2012 8:48:03 AM
Smith yourself up some daedric daggers. One higher base damage than ebony. To get good damage out of any weapon, you need to improve it by smithing anyways.
#6SpaceCoyotePosted 3/5/2012 9:27:38 AM
I'm using a (Legendary) Daedric dagger with 182 damage and +29 lightning and +29 frost ATM.
#7DeAdXxReVeNgEXPosted 3/5/2012 11:45:55 AM
How do you smith a dagger to have that much damage? I thought certain weapons maxed out at a certain amount of damage? Are you drinking smithing potions or...?
---
GT:Stolenxxshadows
A hero need not speak. When he is gone, the world will speak for him
#8SeepuhPosted 3/5/2012 12:01:48 PM
DeAdXxReVeNgEX posted...
How do you smith a dagger to have that much damage? I thought certain weapons maxed out at a certain amount of damage? Are you drinking smithing potions or...?

Yes. \subtopic.
#9SpaceCoyotePosted 3/5/2012 4:46:53 PM
Yeah it's easy enough to get 4 pieces af apparel up to 29% + smithing and then get a potion that does 30% + smithing. Throw in the notched pickaxe and you get a 182 damage dagger. It's all in the smithing/alchemy guides in the FAQ section.
#10SiculuPosted 3/5/2012 5:23:17 PM
Eye heart Mehrunes' Razor
---
I live tomorrow, you I'll not follow
As you wallow in a sea of sorrow