Followers that mine?

#1jammymacsterPosted 3/30/2012 6:03:52 AM
According to UESP you can get followers that can mine ore. "Chop wood/mine ore. The benefit of this is that you can avoid the animation and your follower does not get encumbered"
But I have never been able to get a follower to do it, even with a pickaxe in their inventory. The same article also states that this can happen "Some followers may refuse to mine." but isn't specific to which followers it applies to.

I was wondering if anyone can confirm that some followers will mine and if so some examples. Preferably I would like a mage type follower that can mine if possible.

Thanks in advance to anyone that can help me out with this.

http://www.uesp.net/wiki/Skyrim:Followers
---
"It's you Americans. There's something about nipples you hate. If this were Germany, we'd be romping around naked on the stage here." - Peter Molyneux
#2baratronPosted 3/30/2012 11:46:09 AM
I'm generally of the opinion that this is as much of a myth as the idea that you can dual-wield pickaxes when mining ore to make the mining go faster. If it's possible to do that, I want to know how, because I've tried everything. Even if I start with two pickaxes as my left & right hand weapons, my character drops one.
#3jammymacster(Topic Creator)Posted 3/30/2012 11:48:40 AM
You manually attack them instead of pressing A on the ore vein. Using Elemental Fury before it and dual power attacking clears it in seconds.
---
"It's you Americans. There's something about nipples you hate. If this were Germany, we'd be romping around naked on the stage here." - Peter Molyneux
#4IamI3rianPosted 3/30/2012 11:51:58 AM
baratron posted...
I'm generally of the opinion that this is as much of a myth as the idea that you can dual-wield pickaxes when mining ore to make the mining go faster. If it's possible to do that, I want to know how, because I've tried everything. Even if I start with two pickaxes as my left & right hand weapons, my character drops one.

First... they do. I don't recall WHO does but Brelyna, Jenassa and Faendal DON'T. They do NOT need a pickaxe to do so. I've had followers do it.

Second, dualing pickaxes is NOT a myth. You ATTACK the ore, not click 'mine.' It is absolutely faster, even if you only attack with one pickaxe. Hope it helps.
---
Remember: IamI3rian told ya
Baby, you make me wish I had THREE hands. -Vinnie the cab driver
#5jammymacster(Topic Creator)Posted 3/31/2012 12:47:24 PM
Bump.
---