Followers that mine?

• Topic Archived

User Info: jammymacster

jammymacster
5 years ago#1
According to UESP you can get followers that can mine ore. "Chop wood/mine ore. The benefit of this is that you can avoid the animation and your follower does not get encumbered"
But I have never been able to get a follower to do it, even with a pickaxe in their inventory. The same article also states that this can happen "Some followers may refuse to mine." but isn't specific to which followers it applies to.

I was wondering if anyone can confirm that some followers will mine and if so some examples. Preferably I would like a mage type follower that can mine if possible.

Thanks in advance to anyone that can help me out with this.

http://www.uesp.net/wiki/Skyrim:Followers
"It's you Americans. There's something about nipples you hate. If this were Germany, we'd be romping around naked on the stage here." - Peter Molyneux

User Info: baratron

baratron
5 years ago#2
I'm generally of the opinion that this is as much of a myth as the idea that you can dual-wield pickaxes when mining ore to make the mining go faster. If it's possible to do that, I want to know how, because I've tried everything. Even if I start with two pickaxes as my left & right hand weapons, my character drops one.

jammymacster
5 years ago#3
You manually attack them instead of pressing A on the ore vein. Using Elemental Fury before it and dual power attacking clears it in seconds.
"It's you Americans. There's something about nipples you hate. If this were Germany, we'd be romping around naked on the stage here." - Peter Molyneux

User Info: IamI3rian

IamI3rian
5 years ago#4
baratron posted...
I'm generally of the opinion that this is as much of a myth as the idea that you can dual-wield pickaxes when mining ore to make the mining go faster. If it's possible to do that, I want to know how, because I've tried everything. Even if I start with two pickaxes as my left & right hand weapons, my character drops one.

First... they do. I don't recall WHO does but Brelyna, Jenassa and Faendal DON'T. They do NOT need a pickaxe to do so. I've had followers do it.

Second, dualing pickaxes is NOT a myth. You ATTACK the ore, not click 'mine.' It is absolutely faster, even if you only attack with one pickaxe. Hope it helps.
Remember: IamI3rian told ya
Baby, you make me wish I had THREE hands. -Vinnie the cab driver

jammymacster
5 years ago#5
Bump.

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived