Can't get rid of follower

#1ViolentJerichoPosted 4/8/2012 1:57:46 PM
I have Farkas from The Companions following me. We were supposed to slay a dragon together, but I had already killed the dragon myself. I have no option when I talk to him to have him stop following me, I also unable to kill him or ask anyone else to follow me.

Is there anything I can do?
---
They need to do way instain mother!
#2RGPanznerPosted 4/8/2012 1:59:29 PM
what was the dragon a companion quest?
---
XBL GT: Hippeus Omega
#3mrmontiePosted 4/8/2012 2:05:18 PM
if no other options present themselves you can try fast traveling to the location until another dragon spawns? or to any location that has a dragon and see if that cuts him loose.

but i'd say keep a saved game handy if it doesn't work.
#4SivekPosted 4/8/2012 2:10:56 PM
This is a rather common bug. You're stuck with them. Happened to me once, just hope you have a save not too far back.
---
"It's a room of politely worded death, Senior!"
"I got your money. I'm going to get a lap dance."
#5SivekPosted 4/8/2012 2:17:13 PM
Just to add for future notice, this can happen to Vilkas as well, so if you're doing Companions related stuff, just tell them you're not interested or no if they bring up dragons when you prompt a conversation with them.
---
"It's a room of politely worded death, Senior!"
"I got your money. I'm going to get a lap dance."
#6ViolentJericho(Topic Creator)Posted 4/8/2012 2:37:38 PM
I've tried going to jail to get rid of him, I've killed a dragon in his presence, I've tried beating him to death. I fus-ro-da'd him off a mountain. Nothing works.

How hard is it to lock a quest from being started if a requisite has already been completed by the player?
---
#7WayOfTheSwordPosted 4/8/2012 2:40:55 PM
ViolentJericho posted...
I've tried going to jail to get rid of him, I've killed a dragon in his presence, I've tried beating him to death. I fus-ro-da'd him off a mountain. Nothing works.

How hard is it to lock a quest from being started if a requisite has already been completed by the player?

For Bethesda, apparently very. They're too busy programming universal bisexuality and designing armor that looks like miniskirts.
---
These aren't the droids you're looking for.
#8ViolentJericho(Topic Creator)Posted 4/8/2012 2:49:14 PM
LOL. I've never been one to criticize their games for having bugs, games this massive are bound to have their share, but gamebreaking bugs like this aren't acceptable.
---
#9niko-mp3Posted 4/8/2012 4:36:38 PM

It'd be funny if you could take him to the nearest frostbite spider since he's afraid of them and should run off. But since that won't happen have you done Boethiah's calling? If you manage to kill him there I think companions respawn later (as your follower of course).

#10ViolentJericho(Topic Creator)Posted 4/8/2012 4:51:23 PM
Boethiah's Calling was my first idea to get rid of him, but alas he's still unkillable when I go to do that quest.
---