Help me do the alchemy glitch.

#1I_am_BenderPosted 5/21/2012 11:07:54 AM
I've already beaten the game fair, so now I'm just messing around and want to use the alchemy glitch to be superpowered, but I can't quite get it to work. Am I doing something wrong?

As I don't have any enchanted equipment on hand, I go buy a simple silver ring. I then enchant it with, say, Fortify Magic, which gives me a 25 point boost. I go and create a Fortify Restoration potion and drink it. My ring now gives me a 33 point boost to my Magic. I unequip it and reequip it. I go and make another Fortify Restoration potion, Drink it. Now my ring gives me a 31 point boost. Unequip/reequip, create new potion, drink, still only a 31 point boost to my Magic.

What am I doing wrong?
---
I am Bender. Please insert girder.
#2TheLightningGodPosted 5/21/2012 11:10:06 AM
I'm not helping you do s***.
I don't follow orders well, especially when they're not followed by a goddamn please.

"Help me do the alchemy glitch."
You can help yourself do the alchemy glitch, you bossy jerk.
---
Also, Lizard people.
#3RikashiPosted 5/21/2012 11:45:12 AM
TheLightningGod posted...
I don't follow orders well, especially when they're not followed by a goddamn please.

Dunno why, but this made me laugh out loud.

Why u so funny sumtiem Lightning?
---
Personally, I love everyone on this board... Except for you.. You're a horrible person. >:l - clone11
#4daveliciousPosted 5/21/2012 11:49:38 AM
The loop only works if you are using fortify alchemy gear.

Fortify alchemy gear, fortify restoration potions.

Then when your fortify alchemy gear has you creating stupid powerful potions, you make potions for fortify enchanting so you can enchant uber gear.
---
PSN: Davelicious GT: Davelicious46
NEW SETUP: http://i231.photobucket.com/albums/ee174/Davelicious406/DSC02294.jpg
#5ziek2517Posted 5/21/2012 4:00:22 PM
TheLightningGod posted...

Oh please, oh please help me almighty all knowing keyboard commando. Pull the stick out of your a**.

To TC, the guy above me posted the correct information. You can also do a search for the glitch and there are a couple of forums that have step-by-step directions.
---
Silly Christians, myths are for kids!
XBL gt: o13th Warrior
#6ultimagameboyPosted 5/21/2012 4:16:57 PM
^ You gonna take that from a new user, Bender?

Anyways, yeah the others are right. Here's a video guide;

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pJ9m7owVg_w

Basically:

- make a fortify alchemy set (head, gloves, ring, necklass)
- wearing the set, make a fortify restoration potion
- drink the potion, then remove & re-equip your set
- make another fortify restoration potion
- repeat this cycle a few times until you can make potions with ridiculous strength
- make fortify enchantment/smithing potions with your now uber alchemy gear
- now you can craft uber weapons and equipment
---
Mendez: If we shoot, we break twelve years of peace.
Governor Kolp: Yes, it has been rather boring, hasn't it.
#7I_am_Bender(Topic Creator)Posted 5/21/2012 8:45:45 PM
So I tried with a set of a necklace, ring, helmet, and gauntlets, enchanted each with fortify alchemy, each giving me 10%. After that, it went to 13%, then 15, then 16, then back to 15, and seems to keep going back and forth between 15 and 16% with each iteration.

Off to get more ingredients...
---
I am Bender. Please insert girder.
#8IamI3rianPosted 5/21/2012 8:51:12 PM
I_am_Bender posted...
So I tried with a set of a necklace, ring, helmet, and gauntlets, enchanted each with fortify alchemy, each giving me 10%. After that, it went to 13%, then 15, then 16, then back to 15, and seems to keep going back and forth between 15 and 16% with each iteration.

Off to get more ingredients...

There's a limit... you clearly hit it. I think it's 3 loops.
---
Remember: IamI3rian told ya
This space for rent.
#9ultimagameboyPosted 5/21/2012 8:52:50 PM
I'm not sure, but I think if your alchemy is low, it'll take really long to start stacking big time, or the loop may become ineffective altogether. I seem to remember having to stop my first time because it stopped going up. I levelled my alchemy to around 40-ish, getting the relevant perks, and the loop shot me to millions of percentage increase after about six or seven potions.
---
#10ultimagameboyPosted 5/21/2012 8:56:58 PM
There's a limit... you clearly hit it. I think it's 3 loops.

I'm not sure there is, but going too high is counter-productive, as your enchanting level will turn to negative numbers, giving you null enchantments on your gear. There's really no need to go any higher than the hundreds of thousands (which only takes a few loops) as you've already broken the game by that point and have already entered the realm of excessive overkill...
---