Any and all benefits to either the dawnguard or the vampires...

#1XuneloxPosted 6/26/2012 9:46:56 PM
I also can't decide whether to play as a werewolf or vampire lord! What would be best suited for a Orc warrior that is invested in archery one handed and conjuration?
Don't just say that play both an save before the decision. I wanna make a choice now with this character and I know a read some topics about the vampire lord and werewolf but I still cannot choose. Vampire lord looks so badass but werewolf is a tank like my Orc warrior an lore wise , I want my character to live forever so vampires attract me a lot but I want the enhance crossbows and the ability to craft the bolts and such. Never made such a hard decision in a video game since blowing up Megaton for Tenpenny tower or saving megaton for being the good guy, the strength bobble head , and Lucas Simms is just a damn good sheriff cowboy.

Help?
---
Were it so easy
#2alarsonPosted 6/26/2012 9:51:50 PM
Dawnguard appear to have more advantages as you can get the crossbows, bolts, etc as well as be able to turn into a vamp at any time and some other spoiler stuff. Hope this helps.
---
GT:IAmAnWizard
#3The_HighPosted 6/26/2012 9:52:44 PM
Save before your choice and try it out.

I found that the things I was worrying about (The sun, being shunned, the sun, not liking the quests, the sun, not liking the castle, the sun... and the sun) have seemed to so far be practically non-issues.

Don't beat yourself up over it, I did, and in the end it got me nowhere.

Flip a coin, when it's in the air you'll know which side you're hoping for.
---
"Ars Longa, Vita Brevis, Occasio Praeceps, Experimentum Periculosum, Iudicium Difficile."
-Hippocrates
#4Xunelox(Topic Creator)Posted 6/26/2012 10:08:46 PM
alarson posted...
Dawnguard appear to have more advantages as you can get the crossbows, bolts, etc as well as be able to turn into a vamp at any time and some other spoiler stuff. Hope this helps.

Helped tremendously.
The vampires quest line is not good pretty much?
---
Were it so easy
#5alarsonPosted 6/26/2012 10:18:55 PM
Well I heard the vampire story is kinda meh and also you lose out on some of the weapons and you get stuck as a vampire, although there is a cure I don't know if you can ask one of the companions to make you a werewolf again.
---
GT:IAmAnWizard
#6SKYR1MPosted 6/27/2012 1:59:58 PM
Play the game and find out yourself.
---
Some people call it big, me i call it a treasure.
#7Xunelox(Topic Creator)Posted 6/27/2012 5:45:55 PM
SKYR1M posted...
Play the game and find out yourself.

I want to make a informed choice of either decisions. I will play both when the time comes but I want the best decision if possible for this particular character.
---
Were it so easy
#8SesshoruPosted 6/27/2012 5:48:38 PM
Your Orc's berserker rage plus werewolf form will allow you to do an insane amount of damage if that interests you. Otherwise you really just need to try both and see which you prefer better.