Can I return to the Soul Cairn after the main questline takes me there?

#1maturin1919Posted 6/27/2012 3:27:57 PM
Basically after I handle the main questline business there and leave, will I be able to return after the questline is over?

I'm currently a vampire lord, if that makes any difference.

I just don't want to miss any quests and find the Soul Cairn is closed forever when I return.
---
I operate under a strict 'one troll, one bullet' philosophy.
#2WHLTE_RLDERPosted 6/27/2012 3:34:16 PM
I've not finished the main story yet but when you are in the cairn, Serana's mother says herself that you can return whenever you want.

So yes.

It is a bit of a pain in the A though. Having to go ALL the way through that part of the castle to get to her lab...
---
GT: WHLTE RLDER
Pawn: Liara - Asari Scientist - My little blue godess is back!
#3maturin1919(Topic Creator)Posted 6/27/2012 3:39:48 PM
WHLTE_RLDER posted...
I've not finished the main story yet but when you are in the cairn, Serana's mother says herself that you can return whenever you want.

So yes.

It is a bit of a pain in the A though. Having to go ALL the way through that part of the castle to get to her lab...

Thanks!

I just opened the Soul Cairn last night and stopped playing, so I haven't been in yet.

That does sound like a pain, I was hoping that at the end of the Volkihar quests the castle would be renovated and everything would be easily accessible.
---
#4Dannyness805Posted 6/27/2012 3:42:34 PM
You can actually fast travel to "Castle Volkiha Balcony" which is right at her laboratory. Next time you go there look for the door.
---
/brohoof
#5WHLTE_RLDERPosted 6/27/2012 3:43:35 PM
maturin1919 posted...
WHLTE_RLDER posted...

So yes.

Thanks!

I just opened the Soul Cairn last night and stopped playing, so I haven't been in yet.

That does sound like a pain, I was hoping that at the end of the Volkihar quests the castle would be renovated and everything would be easily accessible.

yeah I hope this is true... It would suck if having to go all the way round was the only way.

New passages FTW! (I hope)
---
GT: WHLTE RLDER
Pawn: Liara - Asari Scientist - My little blue godess is back!
#6KochipahkPosted 6/27/2012 3:46:05 PM
Yeah, there's a balcony that leads right to the lab. There's nothing on it, so it would seems its only purpose is to give you quick access back into the Soul Cairn.
---
Buster Posey is sooooo dreamy. <3
Brandon Belt was freed from the tyranny of Aubrey Huff, and there was much rejoicing.
#7maturin1919(Topic Creator)Posted 6/27/2012 3:51:26 PM
Dannyness805 posted...
You can actually fast travel to "Castle Volkiha Balcony" which is right at her laboratory. Next time you go there look for the door.

No problem, I saw that door last night but wasn't sure if I should go through it or not. I'll make sure to step out there before I head into the Cairn later tonight.
---
#8zombiegamer23Posted 6/28/2012 6:33:24 PM
Sorry to bump this, but can I enter it again even if I chose to lose part of my soul, then reclaimed it?
---
"One day some of the kids from the neighborhood carried my mother's groceries all the way home. You know why? It was outta respect."
#9Foreman22Posted 6/28/2012 6:50:42 PM
They may be a problem. A vampire can enter easy enough but when I tried to go back as a human it would not let me. I had Serana turn me and still could not go back through. I only made it back through as a VL. When I sided with the Dawnguard I could not go back through.