Deceiving the Herd give/recieve advice

#1dragonhollow87Posted 6/29/2012 7:03:42 PM(edited)
I got this quest for Markarth. I don't even know where to start. any advice would be appreciated.
#2maturin1919Posted 6/29/2012 6:50:31 PM
After I found out it was a radiant quest, I stopped caring about killing high profile targets. Kill a guard and be done with it.
---
I operate under a strict 'one troll, one bullet' philosophy.
#3breakfastramenPosted 6/29/2012 6:55:03 PM
maturin1919 posted...
After I found out it was a radiant quest, I stopped caring about killing high profile targets. Kill a guard and be done with it.

That's what I'm going to start doing. I've gotten it twice, and both times were in Riften. I took care to be sure I actually killed a high profile target each time, but quest rewards both times were pretty crappy. And now Riften has a couple of random bodies in the streets, which is kinda depressing.
#4maturin1919Posted 6/29/2012 7:00:35 PM
I killed the argonian merchant in Riften the first time. When I got the quest again I pretty much said '**** that'.
---
#5breakfastramenPosted 6/29/2012 7:02:07 PM
maturin1919 posted...
I killed the argonian merchant in Riften the first time. When I got the quest again I pretty much said '**** that'.

He's always nice to me, I couldn't bring myself to kill him. I killed the chick that sells armor a few stalls away, since she's always a jerk to me.
#6irethkatPosted 6/29/2012 7:10:44 PM
I got that quest in Whiterun. *evil grin* I had a DB contact there so I killed 2 birds with one stone, but if I get it there again, well he said priests are considered high profile and...
---
~^.^~
#7maturin1919Posted 6/29/2012 7:11:46 PM
irethkat posted...
I got that quest in Whiterun. *evil grin* I had a DB contact there so I killed 2 birds with one stone, but if I get it there again, well he said priests are considered high profile and...

Nooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo!
---
#8breakfastramenPosted 6/29/2012 7:16:10 PM
irethkat posted...

He did say priests are high-profile, but when I killed one in Riften, it said I failed that requirement. Even people who look like nobles and dress in fancy clothing have failed the requirement. The only time I've ever passed the high-profile part is by killing a merchant.
#9XipwnUX999Posted 6/29/2012 7:18:59 PM
breakfastramen posted...
irethkat posted...

He did say priests are high-profile, but when I killed one in Riften, it said I failed that requirement. Even people who look like nobles and dress in fancy clothing have failed the requirement. The only time I've ever passed the high-profile part is by killing a merchant.

I got it in solitude and I killed erikur and it failed I was like wtf? hes a thane thats high profile