Any way to uninstall Dawnguard?

#1naapoPosted 6/30/2012 10:15:46 AM
These vampire attacks and mysterious traveller crap are stressing me out, and I just want to play without having to worry. Is there any way to uninstall Dawnguard until I feel like playing?
#2simonbelmont2Posted 6/30/2012 10:17:07 AM
I'd just play the game and take a chance. When you get to a town just do a quick patrol to make sure there is no one suspicious around. I think the vampires usually spawn right away when you enter a town cell.
---
Adversity introduces a man to himself.
#3Zero IXPosted 6/30/2012 10:23:27 AM
The traveler only targets the players, not NPCs.

Vampire attacks are not really any different from dragon attacks. Kill them if they pop up and they'll have little chance of causing any collateral damage. Also, they're no match at all for the guards until you reach higher levels anyway... and if something does go wrong, you can just reload.

Don't buy into all the crap that people were slinging on this board when DG first came out.

However, if you still wish to uninstall for whatever reason, I imagine you just delete the add-on from your hard drive. Not sure if that will break your post-DG saves, though.
---
"An Incandescent Revelation in a World of Darkened Forms"
The bird of Hermes is my name, eating my wings to make me tame
#4naapo(Topic Creator)Posted 6/30/2012 10:26:26 AM
I guess I could try keeping it installed and if it gets messy, I'll get rid of it.
#5PokeLord473Posted 6/30/2012 10:30:38 AM(edited)
Zero IX posted...
The traveler only targets the players, not NPCs.

Vampire attacks are not really any different from dragon attacks. Kill them if they pop up and they'll have little chance of causing any collateral damage. Also, they're no match at all for the guards until you reach higher levels anyway... and if something does go wrong, you can just reload.

Don't buy into all the crap that people were slinging on this board when DG first came out.

However, if you still wish to uninstall for whatever reason, I imagine you just delete the add-on from your hard drive. Not sure if that will break your post-DG saves, though.

That's not true. At a certain point, the AI controlling the traveller will just go apes*** on the closest person to him/her. If it happens to be the player, then he/she will attack you like one did to me at Windhelm.

If you uninstall DG, all saves made with that DLC will unplayable without it. You can't even load a 1.6 patch save if you delete the updates. It won't let you.
---
"Am I missing an eyebrow?"
#6Zero IXPosted 6/30/2012 10:35:35 AM
That's not true. At a certain point, the AI controlling the traveller will just go apes*** on the closest person to him/her.

Not saying that's not impossible, just reiterating that two-three people who watched him for some time reported he did nothing until approached by the player. I doubt he's on some sort of timer. It's more likely the townspeople and the traveler became "randomly" hostile towards each other due to their being from different factions since that happens all the time with other factions.

In any case, he patently doesn't enter random cells and kill shopkeepers like the claim was awhile back. Guards can kill him easily and it would take a very specialized, unique, and improbable scenario for him to do any sort of damage without the players' knowledge.

Reports of ghost towns and NPCs dead in their beds was just a GameFAQs Skyrim board version of an anthrax scare.
---
"An Incandescent Revelation in a World of Darkened Forms"
The bird of Hermes is my name, eating my wings to make me tame
#7naapo(Topic Creator)Posted 6/30/2012 10:43:37 AM
You're saying that the traveller DOESN'T kill people in their homes without your knowledge? I can see how this could be a rumor blown out of proportion.
#8ElectrologyPosted 6/30/2012 10:56:48 AM
naapo posted...
You're saying that the traveller DOESN'T kill people in their homes without your knowledge? I can see how this could be a rumor blown out of proportion.

yes he does...
#9naapo(Topic Creator)Posted 7/1/2012 12:22:39 PM
I uninstalled it and I feel much better with it gone. I just don't see the fun in missing out on interesting quests and shopkeepers because vampires are gradually lowering the population.
#10bretopherPosted 7/1/2012 6:16:49 PM
But it's not true, it really is blown out of proportion.
---
http://i.imgur.com/fXptC.jpg