Ultimate Vampire Mage Build

#1_Bloodwrath_Posted 7/4/2012 1:44:56 PM
I have been reading a ton of posts about the potential awesomeness of a vampire mage build, but cannot seem to piece it all together. Basically what I am going for is an all out magic build on my high elf, coupled with vampirism, courtesy of the new dlc.

However, I cannot seem to find the exact way to go about creating the best potential character, focused primarily around the perks of Aspect of Terror, Necromage, and Augmented Flames. Can anybody let me know the correct order in which to activate these traits to achieve the full potential of a vampire mage that focuses solely on the the schools of magic (enchanting included), as well as when I should get these perks in relation to becoming a vampire? Ideally, I would end up with the full benefits of the Aspect of Terror damage boosts to flame destruction, the added percentage boosts to flame damage through Augmented Flames, as well as the various boosts applied by the Vampire Lord/Necromage combination.

I am aware there are topics related to these questions, but once again, I have not yet found a clear, concise answer to my predicament. Any help would be greatly appreciated, as long as its tested and factual as opposed to mere speculation, though that's fun too.
---
---
O green world, don't desert me now
#2JoeSnake132Posted 7/4/2012 1:48:19 PM
First and foremost you wanna get necromage ASAP, it only affects perks that take AFTER getting necromage. After that you are free to get whatever you want, (aspect of terror then augmented flames)
---
Now is the time to choose! Die and be free of pain, or live and fight your sorrow! Now is the time to shape your stories! Your fate is in your hands!
#3KeirshowersPosted 7/4/2012 2:00:07 PM
What he said. Level up Restoration first to get Necromage, otherwise a lot of your powers/bonuses won't be boosted by it. With that being said, becareful because enemies will be able to put a serious hurt on you and since you will be mostly lvling up restoration you wont have a solid means to fight back.

I usually level up conjuration along with restoration so you will have some one to take the heat off you in those early game fights.
---
Bioware thought it necessary to make them swarming gods of invisible shotguns ~CyberWrist101~
#4_Bloodwrath_(Topic Creator)Posted 7/4/2012 2:19:18 PM
I have read that taking Necromage before Aspect of Terror will decrease the damage boost to 10 as opposed to the maximum 15 boost (http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/615803-the-elder-scrolls-v-skyrim/61751170) and (http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/615803-the-elder-scrolls-v-skyrim/62879785). Should Aspect of Terror be taken before Necromage, then all other perks will follow? Granted, beginning by power leveling through illusion then restoration will render me a pretty weak mage, but I'm willing to endure if it means maximizing for an awesome mage later on. And yes, 5 points of extra flame damage is that important to me, if it means reaching his fullest potential.
---
---
#5h3IIfir3pho3nixPosted 7/4/2012 2:32:42 PM
Only some perks work with necromage, not all of them. So it's best to actually level your entire build a little first, so you don't gimp yourself with a weak build against strong enemies.

Take a look at this topic, it shows which perks necromage boosts.

http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/615803-the-elder-scrolls-v-skyrim/63140953
---
"I staked a dude with my wood" -agentspoon
"o.O" -KutKuSlayer
#6_Bloodwrath_(Topic Creator)Posted 7/4/2012 3:54:05 PM
It would seem from the topic you just linked me that Necromage has no confirmed positive effects on destruction, as well as illusion save for Master of the Mind (which I do not plan on taking anyway). I suppose the safe bet would then be to take the Aspect of Terror perk, then the Augmented Flames perk, then the Necromage perk, become a vampire and go from there.
I would still like for the best order to be confirmed, especially whether to take Aspect of Terror or both levels of Augmented Flames first. Neither would be positively affected by Necromage so I might as well save that for afterwards in case it does gimp the damage from Aspect of Terror.
---
#7Zero IXPosted 7/4/2012 3:58:13 PM
What kind of armor are you shooting for? Light, heavy, or mage?
---
"An Incandescent Revelation in a World of Darkened Forms"
The bird of Hermes is my name, eating my wings to make me tame
#8_Bloodwrath_(Topic Creator)Posted 7/4/2012 4:01:27 PM
Definitely going with mage robes.
---
#9_Bloodwrath_(Topic Creator)Posted 7/5/2012 12:40:14 PM
Has anyone tried a pure mage vampire build yet?
---
#10IamI3rianPosted 7/5/2012 12:48:19 PM
_Bloodwrath_ posted...
Has anyone tried a pure mage vampire build yet?

Several times... thoguh I'm on PS3 and I DON'T have access to the DLC.

_Bloodwrath_ posted...
It would seem from the topic you just linked me that Necromage has no confirmed positive effects on destruction, as well as illusion save for Master of the Mind (which I do not plan on taking anyway). I suppose the safe bet would then be to take the Aspect of Terror perk, then the Augmented Flames perk, then the Necromage perk, become a vampire and go from there.
I would still like for the best order to be confirmed, especially whether to take Aspect of Terror or both levels of Augmented Flames first. Neither would be positively affected by Necromage so I might as well save that for afterwards in case it does gimp the damage from Aspect of Terror.

If memory serves I wrote +10... but it's no change. If it's naturally a +15 you won't get penalized. I dunno... it's been a while since we set that all up, and my notes are scattered around my comp. Getting Necromage as your third perk is a SURE way to not miss anything.

That said, all the 5/5 perks are unaffected for sure. So if you needed to pick up some of them, for a build you'd be fine.

Cost redux perks are also unaffected. So (for example) if you wanted destro skills, you can take the redux (and every other perk... none of them are affected).

Either way, it doesn't REDUCE the affects of any perks you take. Coulda been a typo I dunno. I promise it's an identical effect.
---
Remember: IamI3rian told ya
Damok and Jalad... At Tenagra.