Ideas: How do you guys think this game will start?

#1aViolentFluidPosted 12/13/2010 1:14:28 PM
Never played Arena or Daggerfall, but I know in Morrowind and Oblivion you start out as a prisoner. I hope this game follows the same trend.
---
"SPERMAN" Wow bad typo. =/ I meant SPIDER MAN.
#2TheBonsaiSlayaPosted 12/13/2010 1:18:42 PM
I want it based upon your race, and set out like Fallout 3, growing up from childhood ETC.
So for example, if I was a dark elf I would be a tiny baby of an immigrant family moving up to Skyrim, family gets killed, and you get taken in by Nords.
They educate you, but one day an oblivion gate opens in yo garden and a really freaking huge Xivilai comes in and wrecks your house. you make survival choices, and then finally make it to a city.
And before you reach the gates you are asked the big question 'are you happy with your character?'
Same with everybody else really.
---
METAPHORICAL BANHAMMA LULZ
#3hippo_overlordPosted 12/13/2010 1:20:57 PM
Hmmmm my prediction is that you start out with the rest of your mudcrab clan, only to be kidnapped by a mudcrab smuggler!!! Oh noes! The tutorial will involve escaping from your captor, back into the harsh lands of Middle-Earth.
#4slothicaPosted 12/13/2010 1:22:08 PM
Oblivion gates are supposed to be closed come the events of Skyrim :/
---
"Proud fan of Final Fantasy, Wild Arms, Suikoden, and Elder Scrolls."
Official Mister Crowley of all Gamefaqs boards.
#5aViolentFluid(Topic Creator)Posted 12/13/2010 1:36:00 PM
I definitely don't want to start as a child.

I think you should be a prisoner forced to fight for sport. Your first few fights could be tutorials. Then you and another prisoner attempt escape during a dragon attack!
---
#6TheBonsaiSlayaPosted 12/13/2010 1:39:11 PM
BUT THERE MUST ALWAYS BE ROOM FOR PLOT TWISTS!
---
METAPHORICAL BANHAMMA LULZ
#7Whimsical_GamerPosted 12/13/2010 1:41:13 PM
I hope it starts out with hunting down and escaped Khajiit and you have to hunt him down to bring back. You can either fake his own death to let him go, capture him and bring him back, or kill him and skin him. Making his fur your attire until you get something else or as a trophy in your home as a reminder of your first cold killing.

What would be better than skinning a Khajiit and using his fur as a coat for the harsh cold conditions in Skyrim?

---
You might not know the difference between Patton and mutton primarily because today's history textbooks don't tell you about Ol' Blood 'n Guts Patton
#8aViolentFluid(Topic Creator)Posted 12/13/2010 1:47:02 PM
^ Would be funny if you picked Kajit as starting race.
---
#9AApt24Posted 12/13/2010 1:49:27 PM
Well lets see:

Morrwind: You're a prisoner getting off a boat (Let go by the government)
Oblvion: You break out of prison(Let go by the emperor)
Skyrim: I'm guessing you're a runaway? (But the blades are watching you the whole time)
---
"This Year in Jerusalem."
#10XLancerXPosted 12/13/2010 1:52:17 PM
I would love origins based on race, but i also enjoyed the whole prisoner thing in oblivion. And silly people, we can't start out as children, they don't exist in tamirel, according to the last game.
---
Xbox Live Tag: Robbiemcskillet
PSPo2: Robbie-Human-VG / Macha-CAST-HU