So who else thought the story seems kinda lame?

#21DarthvadePosted 12/13/2010 8:29:38 PM
I have a different take. I think that the acient race is not going to try to wipe everyone out. I think that the ancient race of dragons will somehow give their blood to a human. This will cause the player at the end to become Emperor who will basically do what the Septims did for ages and seal the gates to Oblivion. It looks like Martin's plan may have only kept Dagon out for a period of time.
---
If you see an animal like bill and try to play fetch with him hes going to eat you because Bill is a bear. -- House
#22boogaloooPosted 12/13/2010 8:42:25 PM
Guys, just because someone doesn't praise every single aspect of a game doesn't mean he hates it. I agree with previous statements: the stories of both Oblivion and Skyrim are very cliche, with the base plot being very mundane and unoriginal. However, the manner in which Oblivion's was presented made it a lot better, and thats really what free roam games like this are about: a good plot is good, but the journey that takes you threw that plot is more important. Write me the next great literary classic and put it in video game form, but if its a point and click adventure I'm not going to have a very good time. I'd rather read a book.
---
XBL GT : Mr Ionis
I'm Ron Burgendy?
#23Darth CrimsonPosted 12/13/2010 9:13:06 PM
@POPmaster: Your entire thread is meaningless because you like the prince of persia series and it has some of the worst writing in the entire industry.

---
Dovakin, Dovakin, the savior of Skyrim! For land, for home, for High Hrothgar!
Under he we will march to the kingdom of stars; Dovakin, Dovakin the Dragonborn!
#24POPmaster11(Topic Creator)Posted 12/13/2010 9:15:21 PM
---
Under he we will march to the kingdom of stars; Dovakin, Dovakin the Dragonborn!

*Sniff sniff*

I smellin' me a fanboy.
#25MACxNxCHEEZPosted 12/13/2010 9:17:12 PM
How can you judge Skyrim's story?
---
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=80DtQD5BQ_A
#26Darth CrimsonPosted 12/13/2010 9:18:32 PM
Got no rebuttal of substance?

Figures.

---
#27bodhibardPosted 12/13/2010 9:31:13 PM
1.) Overcoming the [fill in the blank] where some force threatens blah blah blah and the hero must face it. In this you have the following conflict types:
---Man Vs. Man
---Man Vs. Nature
---Man Vs. Self
---Man Vs. Super Natural
---Man Vs. God / Religion
---Man Vs. Technology / Machines
---Man Vs. Environment

2.) The Quest - A journey to find something

3.) Journey and Return - The trip there and back again with some personal growth or change along the way.

4.) Comedy - You should know what a comedy it.

5.) Tragedy - Again, you should know this one.

6.) Rebirth - Trapped in a state of living death until they are freed.

7.) Rags to riches - Start poor, end rich. Enough said.

I think you'd be hard pressed to find any story that doesn't fit into at least one or more of the above points. Man can't get any more original than that. It's all rehashing and retelling the same old stories. Come up with something new and you'll take over the world.
#28GeneralKenobi85Posted 12/13/2010 9:34:31 PM
Oh cool! Somebody who has a differing opinion backed with a reasonable argument, but since it doesn't absolutely worship the game lets dub him a troll!!!

He actually is trolling since he seems to be talking about this game, which isn't even close to being out yet. He never mentioned the other TES games.

---
I have a microphallus!!" - masterpug53
Ah, yes, the Negotiator: General Kenobi
#29Ruppe21Posted 12/14/2010 11:52:23 AM
He's no troll he's just stating a fact,that chosen one stuff is getting boring.
Luckily there are plenty of other new rpgs where you are not the chosen one like Divinity2,The Witcher or Drakensang 2,Fallout new vegas etc.

I don't care about being the chosen one in a Bethesda game though because I never really play the main plot anyway.
#30zeroboboPosted 12/14/2010 12:05:22 PM
i hope im not the chosen one. i dont like being the chosen one, i hope i accidentally kill the chosen one cus that'd be awesome