Ha ha, I'm calling it right now *maybe spoils*

#1TheFinalBossPosted 12/14/2010 11:31:27 AM
I know who the Dragon born guy is. He's the narrator. Agree or disagree I don't care, my gut is almost never wrong and he's the guy.

-Theres a sculpture of him on the wall, indicating he was once alive and revered. He was at the height of his fame and stopped some dragon plague then went into hiding, maybe he hated the publicity, hence now why he's old.

-He doesn't speak of the Dragon born in past tense, he says, "Theres one they fear..." as if he's speaking of himself with a hint of modesty. He doesn't mention a prohpecy or a return of someone, he states the fact that they fear one man, and indicates these things were stopped before, I can only assume by this man.

-He's also speaking as though no one believed these things would happen except for him, and if thats true no one would know as much as he seems to know. He knows about this stuff because it concerns him more than anyone. Its his job to clean up.

-Perhaps he's immortal or since he's the dragon borne he can live for long periods of time, or maybe it was an anscestor that stopped them and now he's the last of his bloodline?

I bet the player will make the choice to be trained by him to stop the attack, or allow him to take up his birthright
but since he's old and weaker he'll save the day but die at the same time, making for a tragic ending of the hero.

---
"This isn't over, We'll meet again!" -Every super villain or final boss.
#2slothicaPosted 12/14/2010 11:43:05 AM
Nah, just watch, it's gonna be the main character. You'll be a were-dragon, and look much like warrior dragon from breath of fire 3
---
"Proud fan of Final Fantasy, Wild Arms, Suikoden, and Elder Scrolls."
Official Mister Crowley of all Gamefaqs boards.
#3agentspoonPosted 12/14/2010 11:43:23 AM
Nah.

You were a nobody at the beginning of Oblivion and went onto be a nobody until the end where Martin closed the Gates and not you.

Beth knows how much people loved being a being of legend.
---
Who Claps At That Point During The Intro To Friends? Number Of People Who Do - 12
www.evoxmediastudios.co.uk Still looking for Flashers
#4TheFinalBoss(Topic Creator)Posted 12/14/2010 11:51:03 AM
Thats the thing though, the player becomes the dragon born either way. You'll probably choose to either help him fight or have him train you to fight in his place. When he dies you get his stuff and you become the next dragonborn. Not saying I want this story, I'd prefer something less cliche, but it's so obvious.

---
#5TheFinalBoss(Topic Creator)Posted 12/14/2010 12:26:31 PM
Also, his voice. Its not common at all. They typically have a really good unique voice for an important, key character in their games. Patrick Stewart didn't just do the trailer, he was the Emperor in-game. This guy is definilty in-game, and judging by the way he's talking about this stuff he has to be the Dragon born.

"But, there's one they fear..."

Really listen to the way he says it. He's def talking about himself. The writers didn't loosely choose those words, they knew what they were implying.

---
#6Agent TJPosted 12/14/2010 12:30:54 PM
What if you are a female? Or a Kajhte or Argonian?

Will the Narration change acordingly? More than liklely it is the Main Characters Friend you will make in the story. Like Martian
---
"The machine supplements your heart and lungs that power comes from Jehuty, you will die if you leave Jehuty"- Ken Marinaris
#7TheFinalBoss(Topic Creator)Posted 12/14/2010 12:34:18 PM
What if you are a female? Or a Kajhte or Argonian?

Will the Narration change acordingly? More than liklely it is the Main Characters Friend you will make in the story. Like Martian

Did you even watch the trailer? The Dragonborn is a guy, and there's a carving of him to prove it. He was alive at one point. Logic

---
#8Robot_SoopaPosted 12/14/2010 12:36:35 PM
Did you even watch the trailer? The Dragonborn is a guy, and there's a carving of him to prove it. He was alive at one point. Logic

You create your own character in the Elder Scrolls. Logic.
---
Yeah, except Carnage is more believable as a threat than a guy who fell into a vat of acid and became a murderous, psychopathic clown.
- Axzeux on the Joker
#9ZarnonElchrisPosted 12/14/2010 12:39:02 PM
"Did you even watch the trailer? The Dragonborn is a guy, and there's a carving of him to prove it. He was alive at one point. Logic"

Nerevar was also a man, but the Nerevarine could be woman. The Dragonborn could be reborn as anyone.

As for the narrator, he's probably a village elder who sees the power you possess, has you released from jail, and sends you on your quest.
#10TheFinalBoss(Topic Creator)Posted 12/14/2010 12:39:57 PM
You create your own character in the Elder Scrolls. Logic.

"But there is one they fear...in their tongue HE is Dovah'kline, Dragonborn!"

LOGICX100

---