The NEXT Elder Scrolls. I know, it's a little early.

#1xIDarKProoFIxPosted 12/15/2010 5:41:14 PM
But, I believe the next game should be in Morrowind. Not just Vvardenfell. That would be awesome.

The landscape was awesome there, it had everything. And it would compensate for a good sized game.

Right now I'm trying to figure out how they are going to make Skyrim as big as Cyrodiil. Obviously it's not as big.

And I think they should get rid of fast travel, and let it feel as adventurous and Morrowind by walking everywhere and using the methods of transportation.
---
They mostly come at night... Mostly
Gamertag-DRM Tool
#2Sniping_TurtlePosted 12/15/2010 5:48:36 PM
So the map would basically be a big horse shoe with water in the middle? Or do we just ignore the sides?

For size, they'll probably just ignore proportion, making it bigger than it actually is for gameplay sake.

As much as I love exploring and having travel services, I know people will hate losing the compass and fast travel >_>
---
May God have mercy on your soul... - The Preacher
Because I sure as hell won't. - The Gunslinger
#3Shah138Posted 12/15/2010 5:51:56 PM
I hope the next game get's released in 2020, so they can make THE ENTIRE WORLD.
---
Why is always claws and guns, can't we piss off a fuzzy planet? Still dangerous but hey bunnies.
#4bub166Posted 12/15/2010 5:53:06 PM

Would be nice if maybe they had the option to fast travel for those who actually want it, but also put in the old methods of travel from Morrowind like teleportation and hovering.

#5clone11Posted 12/15/2010 5:55:13 PM

I hope the next game get's released in 2020, so they can make THE ENTIRE WORLD.

No thanks, I'd rather not wait nine years for another one. 5 years is already too much.

#6xIDarKProoFIx(Topic Creator)Posted 12/15/2010 5:59:58 PM
Well there would still be a compass. I'm pretty sure there was one in Morrowind. And no, I mean like the entire thing. All of Morrowind, including Vvardenfell.

And the entire world would be pretty sick. Honestly, I think Morrowind (the game) was around the same size as Cyrodiil. Or at least it seemed like it. I just don't like the idea of Skyrim because I think it's all going to be snowy and icy with no variation of environment.
---
They mostly come at night... Mostly
Gamertag-DRM Tool
#7DeadlySmurfPosted 12/15/2010 6:22:53 PM
Elder Scrolls II was all of Tamriel and was easily the biggest game world in the series. Vvardenfell was actually bigger than Cyrodiil in terms of in-game area.
---
Some people are like slinkys, not at all useful but you can't help but smile when you push them down the stairs.
#8WheezinEdPosted 12/15/2010 6:27:29 PM

Elder Scrolls II was all of Tamriel and was easily the biggest game world in the series.

No, Daggerfall was Hammerfell and High Rock. Arena was all of Tamriel(or so I've heard, never played that one). But yeah, Daggerfall was the biggest.

Vvardenfell was actually bigger than Cyrodiil in terms of in-game area.

Pretty sure that's not true.
---
http://img716.imageshack.us/img716/6348/problemjc.jpg
#9KC_HokiePosted 12/15/2010 6:37:32 PM
The next Elder Scrolls game will be ES Online which ZeniMax Online is working on.
#10AlilatiasPosted 12/15/2010 6:43:45 PM
Vvardenfell

Crap. I don't know how to break it to you, but... Well, have you heard of the recently released Elder Scrolls books that take place a while after Oblivion?

If not...

*spoilers*

Assuming Skyrim takes place after the books...

http://www.uesp.net/wiki/Lore:Morrowind

There might not even -be- a Vvardenfell OR a Morrowind anymore. Or at least a Vvardenfell and Morrowind inhabited by Dunmer. This appears to have been planned as far back as the Morrowind game itself - there was lore in that game that was warning us that this could happen.
---
How about I just walk up to you, take your cereal, punch you in the face, and say "/breakfast"? Yeah, not very nice. -frk_of_hpttln