Man i sure hope they don't ruin Skyrim like they did Cyrodill

#1k darkfirePosted 12/15/2010 8:19:51 PM
Cyrodill was basically described as an Aztec jungle inhabited by Chinese Romans filled to the brim with esoteric mystery cults, Moth Priests walking through the streets "in a cloud of ancestors", river-dragons swimming through the rich alluvial waters and dragons nesting in the roof of White-Gold tower. Entire neighborhoods dangled high in the air on jeweled bridges, gondolas and canals to take you through the heart of the Imperial City, and rise-paddies with sweating peasants working out in the sweltering heat. Magical gardens with enchanted topiaries to look like the Emperors of old, the wind their voice and birds moving the branches to simulate facial expressions.

It sucks because Oblivion could have been unique instead of generic. I liked Oblivion but i expected it to be unique like morrowind and not make it generic LOTRs like citys.
---
UC
http://i42.tinypic.com/2qsqihw.gif
#2AncientDozerPosted 12/15/2010 8:21:49 PM

darkfire9189 posted...
Cyrodill was basically described as an Aztec jungle inhabited by Chinese Romans filled to the brim with esoteric mystery cults, Moth Priests walking through the streets "in a cloud of ancestors", river-dragons swimming through the rich alluvial waters and dragons nesting in the roof of White-Gold tower. Entire neighborhoods dangled high in the air on jeweled bridges, gondolas and canals to take you through the heart of the Imperial City, and rise-paddies with sweating peasants working out in the sweltering heat. Magical gardens with enchanted topiaries to look like the Emperors of old, the wind their voice and birds moving the branches to simulate facial expressions.

It sucks because Oblivion could have been unique instead of generic. I liked Oblivion but i expected it to be unique like morrowind and not make it generic LOTRs like citys.
---
UC

I was kind of disappointed about that. But they did say the streets of America were paved with gold. . and look how that turned out.

#3Omega_GilgameshPosted 12/15/2010 8:24:43 PM
Where did you hear that description? And yes, I felt Oblivion was lacking in the imaginative visual design department. I mean, even the Deadlands of Oblivion were extremely formulaic.

And yes, America's streets are paved with gold, but in a more poetic sense.
---
"The error lies between the keyboard and the chair."-Dailchiban
#4Ghoul30Posted 12/15/2010 8:30:46 PM
Soooo....going at my newly paved road with a pick-ax looking for gold is NOT a good idea?
#5AncientDozerPosted 12/15/2010 8:35:46 PM
Ghoul30 posted...
Soooo....going at my newly paved road with a pick-ax looking for gold is NOT a good idea?

Yeeeaah. . no. Sorry chief. You'll have better luck finding gold teeth in a hobo's mouth.
#6k darkfire(Topic Creator)Posted 12/15/2010 8:54:05 PM

Where did you hear that description? And yes, I felt Oblivion was lacking in the imaginative visual design department. I mean, even the Deadlands of Oblivion were extremely formulaic.

Just by reading in-game books in Morrowind describing it.
---
UC
#7setster101Posted 12/15/2010 9:23:43 PM
Well, it all would have looked a lot better if it was a smaller map. However, because it was not, the same generic forests and caves, and mines, etc etc made it leave a little to be desired. I still love how beautiful it was though, especially for 2006 graphics.
#8ShockWav3Posted 12/15/2010 9:33:42 PM
It had nothing to do with the map size, the cities and architecture feel were just beyond generic. There was so little mythic culture it all just seemed so boring and unimaginative.
---
Nihil Novi Sub Sol!
#9FunleashTheUryPosted 12/15/2010 9:58:12 PM
You'll have better luck finding gold teeth in a hobo's mouth.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eUjXLETFniE

**** yeah.
---
"Slipknot is a sort of Fisher-Price My First Metal Band" -Anso DF
#10ramrod24xxxPosted 12/15/2010 10:25:24 PM
I think at least some parts will be unique in Skyrim the wiki says.

271st year."[1] There are also influences from Morrowind, such as in the city of Winterhold, Solitude's rival, since refugees from Morrowind escape there, bringing new ideas, cultures, and stimulating the economy.

Hopefully they brought new architecture too.

---
Games I want to be announced: HL2:E3, KH3, SWBF3, TES:V
GT: LATAZ BILLYMAYS PSN: Slave_Ship