Game Engine Announced

• Topic Archived
5 years ago#1
TES V Game Engine December 13, 2010
Previous announcements have stated that TES V would be built on a new version of the Gamebryo engine used in Oblivion and Fallout 3/New Vegas, but a Tweet from Bethesda Community Manager Nick Breckon stated, "We can now confirm that the TES V: Skyrim engine is all-new. And it looks fantastic." A followup answer stated that the engine was "a new graphics/gameplay engine built internally" and that more details would be forthcoming.

BEthseda says its "new", but who knows, could be rehashed gamebyro. -UESP rocks.
"When you say tomato i say video games"
-Five Iron Frenzy
5 years ago#2
I wont be satisfied until i see screenshots.
5 years ago#3
Have faith, warriors.

The divine will heed our prayers and create from the ashes of the old a new world for us to immerse ourselves in.
Official Secretary of Mudcrab Defense of the TESV: Skyrim board.
Official Mister Crowley of all Gamefaqs boards.
5 years ago#4

Perhaps of note for engine worries, in the most recent Bethesda podcast, ( ), Todd Howard said that they "started designing the game after Oblivion". I don't know if that means anything for anyone on the board, (as I don't know how long it takes to build a new game engine), but I just thought it might be worthy of notice.

Not much in the podcast though other than that little tidbit and teasing that a lot of things will be revealed in the next months Game Informer.

5 years ago#5
We'll probably have to wait until mid January for screen shots when they have their big article in the February Game Informer.

Barbie Rocks!! Her lack of realistic genitalia frustrates yet arouses me at the same time.
5 years ago#6

This, I hope we get some soon, and not just like two. At least three.

why is i here
5 years ago#7
I say we will see some soon... Possible with the next issue of Game Informer since they did a 2 page write up on the older Elder Scrolls games.
People demand freedom of speech as a compensation for the freedom of thought which they seldom use. -Kierkegaard
5 years ago#8
"The key to each Elder Scrolls title is reinvention. We actually start over each time. This takes awhile but we feel it's essential to the series and it's popularity." - Todd Howard
5 years ago#9

You mean gameplay footage?

Oblivion looks good in screenshots, it gets worse when it's in motion.
These counting things are stupid.
People that agree: 24
5 years ago#10
I thought this was commonly known since the 13th, but okay.
I think the tweet was made on the 12th even...

Oh well.

Most Accomplished CoD5 European Player

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived