Game Engine Announced

#1ShinoGenjutsuPosted 12/16/2010 3:38:14 PM
TES V Game Engine December 13, 2010
Previous announcements have stated that TES V would be built on a new version of the Gamebryo engine used in Oblivion and Fallout 3/New Vegas, but a Tweet from Bethesda Community Manager Nick Breckon stated, "We can now confirm that the TES V: Skyrim engine is all-new. And it looks fantastic." A followup answer stated that the engine was "a new graphics/gameplay engine built internally" and that more details would be forthcoming.

BEthseda says its "new", but who knows, could be rehashed gamebyro.

http://www.uesp.net/wiki/Main_Page -UESP rocks.
---
"When you say tomato i say video games"
-Five Iron Frenzy
#2rmx25Posted 12/16/2010 3:40:05 PM
I wont be satisfied until i see screenshots.
---
GT:RMx25
#3slothicaPosted 12/16/2010 3:42:17 PM
Have faith, warriors.

The divine will heed our prayers and create from the ashes of the old a new world for us to immerse ourselves in.
---
Official Secretary of Mudcrab Defense of the TESV: Skyrim board.
Official Mister Crowley of all Gamefaqs boards.
#4Void_MasterPosted 12/16/2010 10:02:46 PM

Perhaps of note for engine worries, in the most recent Bethesda podcast, ( http://bethblog.com/ ), Todd Howard said that they "started designing the game after Oblivion". I don't know if that means anything for anyone on the board, (as I don't know how long it takes to build a new game engine), but I just thought it might be worthy of notice.

Not much in the podcast though other than that little tidbit and teasing that a lot of things will be revealed in the next months Game Informer.

#5BugmeatPosted 12/17/2010 12:16:56 AM
We'll probably have to wait until mid January for screen shots when they have their big article in the February Game Informer.

---
Barbie Rocks!! Her lack of realistic genitalia frustrates yet arouses me at the same time.
#6Beatperson14Posted 12/17/2010 12:24:18 AM

This, I hope we get some soon, and not just like two. At least three.

---
why is i here
#7TCGJessePosted 12/17/2010 12:27:55 AM
I say we will see some soon... Possible with the next issue of Game Informer since they did a 2 page write up on the older Elder Scrolls games.
---
People demand freedom of speech as a compensation for the freedom of thought which they seldom use. -Kierkegaard
#8WheezinEdPosted 12/17/2010 1:11:31 AM
"The key to each Elder Scrolls title is reinvention. We actually start over each time. This takes awhile but we feel it's essential to the series and it's popularity." - Todd Howard
---
http://img716.imageshack.us/img716/6348/problemjc.jpg
#9ded5833Posted 12/17/2010 2:13:46 AM

You mean gameplay footage?

Oblivion looks good in screenshots, it gets worse when it's in motion.
---
These counting things are stupid.
People that agree: 24
#10rivve_Posted 12/17/2010 2:20:07 AM
I thought this was commonly known since the 13th, but okay.
I think the tweet was made on the 12th even...

Oh well.

---
Most Accomplished CoD5 European Player