So many people who were introduced to TES with Oblivion here...

#21GeneralKenobi85Posted 12/19/2010 9:15:35 AM
Why do people keep calling anyone who wants a better game elitist? So because I think Morrowind was vastly superior to Oblivion(although Oblivion is still great in its own right), I'm an elitist? Yes, I do think the game should go back to what Morrowind was(with some improvements of course). So it means I'm an elitist because I want more content, more caves and stuff to explore, more guilds with a storyline in them, and more variety? If Morrowind was too hard for you, either stop playing it or learn how to play it. Don't whine to the developers to dumb the game down just for you. Why do people think every game needs to appeal to everyone?

No, that's just your opinion. I'm sure there are tons of people who are fine with the amount of content presented in Oblivion. I was. As long as you keep your opinion to yourself though, it's fine. Or at least don't criticize others just because they don't share the same views.

---
I have a microphallus!!" - masterpug53
Ah, yes, the Negotiator: General Kenobi
#22KillarAchiever6Posted 12/19/2010 9:16:18 AM
i started with oblivion, then went on to morrowind
i have oblivion for both pc and 360, and morrowind for pc
and i think that the idea of guns is the single stupidest thing i have ever heard for this game
i haven't played much of morrowind, but what i have, i like, and i loved oblivion (faults and all)
guns (in my opinion) lead to the degradation of FABLE, little own this
however, i do hope they improve skyrim from oblivion AND morrowind (using ideas from both)
---
"Victory is neither earned nor genuine, if it comes without contest" - Corporal Vance
#23slitherysobPosted 12/19/2010 9:21:02 AM
I was introduced to TES with Arena. I was very young, and didn't particularly liked it. Didn't hate it, but didn't love it. Morrowind was great, and got me into the series. Oblivion was missing a few things, but it had a few add ons I enjoyed. Primarily, the compass. But, let's get straight to it.
I like guns. I like to shoot guns. That's why I own guns. But, guns in TES? Why? What use would they have for guns? If they wanted projectiles, they'd use magic or arrows. I can't help but think that, if we had magic, would we have invented guns? No. No way should guns be in TES. The only way I see it making sense is if it were a shotgun, used to hunt birds. And if they get that right, I can accept it. May like it, but I doubt it. Have a few hunting quests, I guess. But asides from that(and I REALLY think it's potentially a bad idea), no guns. I can accept cannons. Whether or not I will like it will depend, but I can accept cannons.
#24Sniping_TurtlePosted 12/19/2010 9:28:13 AM
GeneralKenobi...

Can we not both agree for the most part, Oblivions combat was a step up, as well as the graphics without argument, and a lot more stable then what Morrowind was in terms of consoles. The addition of voice acting could also be seen as good, as long as you thought it was done well, and that the DLC was plentiful and for the most part, good.

Can we also agree that the leveled loot and enemies were a step down as well? That the removal of crossbows, spears and other weapons can also be considered a step down. That the removal of jump, free fall and levitation were a step down, but with reason. While the removal of Mark/Recall and Intervention spells were also a step down with no real good reason (yes there was fast travel, but these still would of had their uses in caverns and forts, escaping death, not to mention if you were to ever get stuck in scenery and could not escape beyond a previous save), and that it seemed lacking in content compared to Morrowind. Not to mention there wasn't much point in being a vampire from the lack of clans and quests related to being a vampire and not just a cure.

I'm sure for new comers of the series, it was a great game, while those coming from Morrowind might of seen it as a mix blessing of both good and bad.
---
May God have mercy on your soul... - The Preacher
Because I sure as hell won't. - The Gunslinger
#25GeneralKenobi85Posted 12/19/2010 9:36:06 AM
Well leveled loot sucked, but I couldn't care less what they want to do with enemies. And my play time with Morrowind didn't amount to a whole lot, so maybe my opinion would be different had I spent more time on it.

Just to me it seems like there are a lot of people thinking they're so much better than everyone else because they prefer Morrowind. In reality neither game is better than the other. And instances of this are probably not as widespread as I make them out to be.
---
I have a microphallus!!" - masterpug53
Ah, yes, the Negotiator: General Kenobi
#26zombiehunter696Posted 12/19/2010 10:03:25 AM
"No, that's just your opinion. I'm sure there are tons of people who are fine with the amount of content presented in Oblivion. I was. As long as you keep your opinion to yourself though, it's fine. Or at least don't criticize others just because they don't share the same views."

Why would you be fine with LESS content? And I'll criticize anyone's opinion I want. Just because you have the right to an opinion doesn't mean you have the right not to be criticized because of it. If I think your opinion is stupid, I'll say so. If you think mine is stupid, you can say so, but at least be able to explain why you think that way. The only people I could imagine that would be fine with less content are the ones who either never played Morrowind or didn't understand Morrowind enough to get everything out of it. Also, this board is specifically for people's opinions. Why don't you keep yours to yourself?

But seriously, if you played Morrowind a lot, how could you be satisfied with less stuff to do? Four guilds and the main quest? And only two guilds actually had interesting quests, and one fell apart about half way through it. The only legendary items came from easy to complete quests. Leveled enemy and loot system? That had to be one of the dumbest ideas ever.
---
---rule of internet debating: Watch your spelling; misapelling one word makes your argument invalid.