Should we expect New Vegas par graphics?

#1TheMajorScalePosted 12/21/2010 7:35:56 PM
Since that's a relatively recent release, anyone wanna venture a guess as to whether the graphics will be better or worse? Reasoning optional.
#2TheBionicRockPosted 12/21/2010 7:37:50 PM
[This message was deleted at the request of the original poster]
#3Izick_the_SpyPosted 12/21/2010 7:38:08 PM
New Engine likely means a lot better looking.
---
Not changing sig until Bethesda announces The Eld....wait what? Seriously? No, seriously? For real!? Come on stop joking...wow bout time...
#4TheMajorScale(Topic Creator)Posted 12/21/2010 7:39:20 PM
Engines not new.
#5TheBionicRockPosted 12/21/2010 7:39:43 PM
Freaking typos. But seriously assuming they aren't lying through their teeth (which is possible) the supposed new engine should mean greatly improved graphics. Gamebryo wasn't exactly the pinnacle of optimization.
---
Has anyone really been far even as decided to use even go want to do look more like?
#6MegagutsPosted 12/21/2010 7:41:00 PM

From: TheMajorScale | Posted: 12/21/2010 10:39:20 PM | #004
Engines not new.

Yes, it is.
---
GT: ConfederateRokr
Glory, Glory to old Georgia!
#7BugmeatPosted 12/21/2010 7:43:36 PM
New Engine likely means a lot better looking.

Yep. Todd Howard said "You almost feel like you have a new console when you see the game." in his Eurogamer interview.

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2010-08-16-bethesdas-todd-howard-interview

---
Barbie Rocks!! Her lack of realistic genitalia frustrates yet arouses me at the same time.
#8Izick_the_SpyPosted 12/21/2010 7:47:43 PM
I like that comparison because the first time I played Oblivion I understood why the Xbox 360 was so exciting. It just looked beautiful.
---
Not changing sig until Bethesda announces The Eld....wait what? Seriously? No, seriously? For real!? Come on stop joking...wow bout time...
#9TentacleDemonPosted 12/21/2010 7:52:00 PM
Yes the engine is new. Some people are relying on partial quotes and misinterpretation of something that Howard said back in August to claim that it's just an upgraded version of Gamebryo. But if you follow Bugmeat's link to the Eurogamer interview and you can see his full quote. You'll also see for yourself that not only does he never say it's just an updated version of Gamebryo, he actually says "The technology is ours and it is inspired by the technology we have."

Gamebryo was not theirs, they licensed it. If the new stuff is theirs and based on what was already theirs it can't be Gamebryo. Add to that the three different employees stating that it's a brand new engine. Two of them specifically stating that it was built in house. You'd have to be pretty slow to still think it's Gamebryo.

---
Thank you for filling my life with hope. Every morning I wake up hoping that you have died.
#10Firestorm12Posted 12/21/2010 7:58:35 PM
Hmm, New Vegas's graphics was neat, it just had a lot of brown with some lighter shades splashed around. Yet it always felt as if I was looking through a brown filter.

But I'm not bashing it. I mean it is post-apocalyptic... I didn't expect everything to be lush vibrant hues...

But!

I do expect lush vibrant hues for Skyrim.

---
If the opposite of "Pro" is "Con"...
What is the opposite of "Progress"?