Imperial Guards should come in different varieties.

#1Yes_Man_Posted 12/23/2010 6:05:25 PM
Not just "Imperial Guard" or "Skingrad Guard", but maybe name them according to rank and give them a certain armor/weapon that defines their rank.
Such as "Imperial Recruit Soldier" and he would wear a Cuirass made of steel, as well as a helmet, but the rest of his gear could be leather. Or perhaps "foresters", with Legion helmets and Legion-styled leather gear.
Discuss, citizens, and all hail the Imperial Legion!
---
We all serve the Legion, in our own way. Hail the Imperial Legion!
Emperor of the Imperial Legion: TV_Is_Crack/Yes_Man_
#2sum1t00kmynamePosted 12/23/2010 6:06:35 PM
hmm all the the better to flaunt how awesome i am
---
Official Knight-Commander of the Imperial Legion
#3YoshiKong64Posted 12/23/2010 6:08:57 PM
Speaking of which, I would like the ability to join the guards. As you said, you could rise up through the ranks, soon becoming in charge of many guards and stopping criminals. It would work as a guild.
#4TheeKingOsirisPosted 12/23/2010 6:12:52 PM
I'd like to be able to bribe some of them too. That way they won't take me anywhere or take my stuff that I rightfully stole.

"Call it a contribution to your pension."
---
"My honor is my life."
#5Yes_Man_(Topic Creator)Posted 12/23/2010 6:47:33 PM
Exactly. The biggest problem IMO with faction recruitments in TESIV was that you weren't able to join the Legion. No matter how amazing the Imperial Dragon armor looked, I still wished to join the Legion.

Judging from the destination being in Skyrim, I assume the Legion is going to be troubled, especially after the Oblivion Crisis.
---
We all serve the Legion, in our own way. Hail the Imperial Legion!
Emperor of the Imperial Legion: TV_Is_Crack/Yes_Man_
#6YoshiKong64Posted 12/23/2010 6:50:52 PM
Oh, this is coming from you, the emperor. Of course you want Imperial Legion Recruitment :D. And I missed your recruitment!
#7DLSkywalkerPosted 12/23/2010 7:25:37 PM
This was already in Oblivion, but on a smaller scale. Foresters had Leather armor and Legion armor, captains and palace guards had fancy white armor, and some captains had their own armor.
---
Xbox LIVE: Ironsharp01, Steam: harrison_17. http://i53.tinypic.com/219v1hl.png
This black kid in my Newspaper class microwaved his phone. - unreal Megachampion