I want more powerful spells :/

#11YamSoldierUkPosted 1/2/2011 8:43:05 AM

they had cooldowns for certain spells in Oblivion, the cooldown time was 24 hours IIRC and i think one of those spells was for a Kajhit

Wasn't a spell technically, meant to be a Khajit special skill to go with the race. Spells that use Magicka never had a proper cooldown, just the animation.
---
This way for bad trip
#12superdante5000Posted 1/2/2011 8:49:44 AM
charge spells would be a good idea if they balance it. I mean Have a spell work 2 ways. Fast casting does whatever it supposed to do. Then have the "charge"(holding the button down) be a tad more potent. Have it where You take more damage or walk slower while holding it. Plus side your spell is 1.5 times stronger give or take. All I really want is my Pole Arms and Medium armor back.
---
Spy Sappin'ma Sentry!
#13T_Scarface_MPosted 1/2/2011 12:53:03 PM
mastershakez posted...

No charging or cooldowns in TES ever please. I do want area spells though.

They already have area spells and even projectile spells that turn into area spells once they hit their target.
#14DoomkillaPosted 1/2/2011 1:00:53 PM
You could create powerful spells and I believe you can also get scrolls/buy powerful ones as well. It doesn't need to look flashy to be powerful y'know.

I'd rather they touch up on the necromancy side of things, possibly put levitation back in too.
---
The moment man devoured the fruit of knowledge, he sealed his fate... Entrusting his future to the cards, man clings to a dim hope.
#15BadprenupPosted 1/2/2011 1:27:40 PM
For charging cost all it should cost is additional magicka. I'll run a situation by you:

Say getting to one of the advanced levels (25, 50, 75, 100) Destruction allows you to charge up a spell for additional damage. Level 25 gets you to charge it x2, 50 is x3, 75 is x4, 100 is x5. So if you have an example fireball skill that does 10 damage for 10 magicka depending on your level you could make it do 20 damage for 20 magicka, 30 for 30, etc.

What are the drawback is obvious. If you charge a spell to x5 and you miss, kiss 5 times as much magicka goodbye.
---
PSN: Badprenup
BSOD Screensaver = The best PC prank ever: http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/sysinternals/bb897558.aspx
#16thedarklordx3Posted 1/2/2011 3:46:53 PM
"You could create powerful spells and I believe you can also get scrolls/buy powerful ones as well. It doesn't need to look flashy to be powerful y'know.

I'd rather they touch up on the necromancy side of things, possibly put levitation back in too. "

yes it does an attack that causes a nuclear apocolypse doesnt look like a lighter flame
---
Blast'd kids and their posts that only say "Sig'd"! You can't sig "Sig'd"! -grand_maester
#17TheKingOfCarmelPosted 1/2/2011 4:17:09 PM
I've said it before: look at Bioshock's plasmids. Smooth, accessible, variable.

Also, I want wind spells. Blow 'em away.
---
I will change this sig on the release date of TimeSplitters 4 ::created October 2010::
#18Ranged_PliersPosted 1/2/2011 4:33:19 PM
*summons giant daedra*

. . . no I'm good
---
XBL- Babel Noise
Heartgold FC: 4727 0641 7161 Name: Kokonoe
#191stSniperChiefPosted 1/2/2011 6:19:23 PM
Yall know you can put spells on the D-Pad Wheel. I had the whole wheel filled with spells and my dagger.
---
I'm probably better than you