An idea for jail....

#1RawePosted 1/5/2011 7:23:01 PM
Not sure if this has been posted before but I was thinking, for crimes and such....lets say your a menace and go on some stealing and killing spree in Elder Scrolls 5. Instead of paying the fine or resisting arrest you agree to jail. Except if you have a crazy bounty and crime record, you are sentenced to execution. After a day or 2 in game you are taken out to be executed, but can escape and such if you want. I dunno, maybe I'm over thinking things.
---
Owner of PS3 - Wii - 360 - PSP
#2TheKingOfCarmelPosted 1/5/2011 7:29:02 PM
I actually really like that idea. And maybe your guild mates can be out in the audience of the public execution and help you escape.
---
I will change this sig on the release date of TimeSplitters 4 ::created October 2010::
#3rollingrandyPosted 1/5/2011 7:31:04 PM
I think it would make a cool quest, but I don't think it should happen every time my bounty is high.
---
[::|__|::] [ #|__|# ] ........... [|_|] ............| |_| |
[+|__|::] [ +|__|:: ] [+|_|.:] [+.:] (+|_| :) |+.. :|
#4ramrod24xxxPosted 1/5/2011 7:31:44 PM
Nah, if you were to be executed that would be dumb. even if you escaped you'd get caught and thrown back un the guillotine.

I had an idea that depending on the crime, if you break free the guards wont come after you after a certain said amount of in game time. say you murder 1 person, you break free, it would be an in game week for the guards to not care, and you couldnt go into any cities until that time was over, unless you want to be arrested. and its 2 weeks for 2 people and goes up a week per person. also stealing and all is maybe 3-5 days id say. and you can also just pay the fine or go to jail and serve your sentence.

---
Games I want to be announced: HL2:E3, KH3, SWBF3, TES:V
GT: LATAZ BILLYMAYS PSN: Slave_Ship
#5quadrupleswordPosted 1/5/2011 7:38:19 PM
That's one thing that bothered me about Oblivion. I could massacre an entire city and all I have to do is pay my bounty or serve my time in jail and I'm home free. I'm pretty sure murdering innocent people would have a heftier punishment attached to it than "pay 1000 gold and you're forgiven".
---
"Scissors are overpowered, but rock is okay." - paper
#6Rawe(Topic Creator)Posted 1/5/2011 7:40:42 PM
[This message was deleted at the request of a moderator or administrator]
#7ramrod24xxxPosted 1/5/2011 7:45:01 PM
How was I being a jerk? I just said I don't agree, to me it seems pointless to escape an execution because they would eventually capture you and try again. It would be too unrealistic if they forget about executions after you escape. I was just stating a idea that may make the law system somewhat better than having to either pay, go to jail, or resist arrest.

---
Games I want to be announced: HL2:E3, KH3, SWBF3, TES:V
GT: LATAZ BILLYMAYS PSN: Slave_Ship
#8the_c0vertPosted 1/5/2011 7:55:15 PM
Thanks ramrod for being a jerk and voicing your own OPINION.

This is why I love GFaqs.

*State an idea bound to get both positive and negative feedback
*Someone disagrees with it
OMG well, that's like your own opinion, man!

---
GFH Orange V-Dub 38" | Fatties 66mm Red/White | Medium Flex | Khiro Red 90a Bushings | Concave
#9JINJ0Posted 1/5/2011 7:57:37 PM
Nonsense! This is Skyrim, home of warriors, realm of the brave! The laws are simpler here. If you make a nuisance of yourself and the people don't like it, then they'll deal with you as they see fit. If you insult a warlord you'd better know how to handle yourself in a fight -- it's off to the gladiatorial prisoner games for you. And if you make it out alive, then maybe you'll even catch the eyes of the bards, and be immortalized in song. Welcome to the land where men become Nords, hearthlander.
---
../--~~,~~--,:~|
JINJO!!!.........\O_/_O_,/:::::|....
#10Z-911-ZPosted 1/5/2011 7:59:25 PM

Not sure if this has been posted before but I was thinking, for crimes and such....lets say your a menace and go on some stealing and killing spree in Elder Scrolls 5. Instead of paying the fine or resisting arrest you agree to jail. Except if you have a crazy bounty and crime record, you are sentenced to execution. After a day or 2 in game you are taken out to be executed, but can escape and such if you want. I dunno, maybe I'm over thinking things.

Then if the execution goes through, your saved game is erased? Or maybe Death appears before you and you can pay him off or something, then you'll reawake in a garbage heap or rise from a grave....
---
http://i154.photobucket.com/albums/s272/911TheThug/BaldBull.png
http://z-911-z.deviantart.com/