Game Informer at bookstores

#1ClemsonrulesPosted 1/6/2011 11:56:55 AM
i was wondering if the new game informer would be out in stores like books a million any other places. i used to have a subscription to game informer but not anymore. i really wanna read this tho

---
GameFAQs needs new Mods, preferably ones who are less biased:
http://img16.imageshack.us/img16/4813/40406227.jpg
#2AddictedToXboxPosted 1/6/2011 12:00:56 PM
My Books-A-Million used to carry GameInformer years ago but not anymore. No place in my area sells GameInformer except GameStop, but you can't buy the magazines from them. You have to sign up to get a subscription. It's BS. We used to have a Walden Books but they went under.
---
Don't mess with me because I can argue with you on the Internet!
#3Irontoenail44Posted 1/6/2011 1:13:19 PM
@Addicted

I'm an employee at gamestop and you can buy the magazine....it's just 5 dollars plus tax for one magazine.

We just try to talk customers out of waisting money like that, why spend 5 for one when you can spend 15 for 12?
---
GT: JinjaBreadNinja
#4MegagutsPosted 1/6/2011 1:15:36 PM
Not for about a month
---
GT: ConfederateRokr
ONE DOES NOT SIMPLY QWOP INTO MORDOR!
#5AddictedToXboxPosted 1/6/2011 1:15:56 PM
Nope. My GameStop will absolutely not sell GameInformer by the issue. You have to subscribe by signing up for their PowerUp program. I will give you my GameStop's phone number if you want me to prove it.
---
#6ArchMageSynokPosted 1/6/2011 1:17:03 PM
but if I go in and re-subscribe today, will they give me the issue they have in the store?
---
"But when I looked down, I saw that I hadn't kicked a hole in a baby. I kick a hole in a bag of flour! I'd been tricked!" -Count Olaf
#7Irontoenail44Posted 1/6/2011 1:24:18 PM
@Addicted

Sorry to hear that your gamestop is like that. My gamestop was formerly an EB games and they always had better customer service than gamestop IMO.
---
GT: JinjaBreadNinja
#8VampLordAdamaruPosted 1/6/2011 1:26:13 PM
but if I go in and re-subscribe today, will they give me the issue they have in the store?

Yes.

And Barnes & Noble or Borders might have it also. You guys might want to check there too.
---
There are no stupid questions... There are, however, a LOT of stupid people...
(Founder - IRDC AND Fluffy the Friendly Deathclaw Fanclub) FEAR MY SPORK!!
#9AddictedToXboxPosted 1/6/2011 1:30:17 PM
Dont get me wrong, my GameStop has great customer service. Never had a problem with them at all. I just dont understand why they make it impossible to buy GameInformer by the issue. They would make more money that way if they did. I also dont understand why Books-A-Million stopped selling GameInformer. Are they not affiliated with Barnes & Noble?
---