An actual Valid way that elder scrolls could do multiplayer

#1duffmukchawPosted 1/6/2011 2:22:57 PM

add it later as a DLC that allows you to play cooperatively, that way the people who just want to have an awesome single player experience don't lose anything by the developers wasting resources on adding it to the disc, and for those of us who don't even have a gold account because we don't like playing online anyways won't lose anything, and then those who want to play multiplayer can have it they would just need to wait a little while while the developers create the coding for it and add it to the already existing game without wasting space on the cd that can instead be used for content.

#2VampLordAdamaruPosted 1/6/2011 2:24:12 PM
Still uses financial resources better used for making DLC or getting started on the next game... ^__~
---
There are no stupid questions... There are, however, a LOT of stupid people...
(Founder - IRDC AND Fluffy the Friendly Deathclaw Fanclub) FEAR MY SPORK!!
#3allsomePosted 1/6/2011 2:25:09 PM
I'm not getting my hopes up for multiplayer. The only kind of multiplayer I would like is either a Borderlands style, or an arena. Maybe a couple of other things, but it wouldn't effect me any if there was no multiplayer.
---
Official Guildmaster of the Skyrim Board
#4duffmukchaw(Topic Creator)Posted 1/6/2011 2:28:13 PM

Bah half the dlc for oblivion was dumb anyways, horse armor, the pirate ship, the mage tower etc, all they were was a waste of MS points, why bother with the mage tower when you could just as easily go to the mage guild hall and do what you need there, why store stuff on the pirate ship when you could do the same at any house you buy in any town or store it in your guild halls etc.

#5themagicpainmanPosted 1/6/2011 2:32:01 PM
The Wizard's Tower was awesome.

You could get into the Test World and get infinite Sigil Stones/Fame.
---
Greetings and Bienvenue!
#6reaper329Posted 1/6/2011 2:39:15 PM
I'd support a PvP aspect added to the arena, but nothing further. I want the best single player I can get.
---
Number of cat owners who, at some point, have grabbed their cat and reenacted the opening scene from "The Lion King." - 6
#7themagicpainmanPosted 1/6/2011 2:42:25 PM
Eh, PvP is boring. Nothing but a race to who can get to the most Colossi. I prefer PvZ.
---
Greetings and Bienvenue!
#8duffmukchaw(Topic Creator)Posted 1/6/2011 2:43:09 PM

reaper329 posted...
I'd support a PvP aspect added to the arena, but nothing further. I want the best single player I can get.
---
Number of cat owners who, at some point, have grabbed their cat and reenacted the opening scene from "The Lion King." - 6

but adding multiplayer as DLC later on doesn't affect the single player.

#9reaper329Posted 1/6/2011 2:47:07 PM
Perhaps. But in order for them to release it in good time, it'd have to be in simultaneous development with the main game. That'd detract from the SP. Only way to do MP as DLC would be to release it a few months after the game's launch.
---
#10duffmukchaw(Topic Creator)Posted 1/6/2011 2:59:07 PM

reaper329 posted...
Perhaps. But in order for them to release it in good time, it'd have to be in simultaneous development with the main game. That'd detract from the SP. Only way to do MP as DLC would be to release it a few months after the game's launch.
---

yes which is why I said as future DLC not release day DLC