about bows...

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.

User Info: Ace6706

Ace6706
5 years ago#11
Weird...I seem to remember a ton of people complaining about the bow's usefulness dwindling as you approached max level. I experienced it myself quite a while back when I first bought oblivion. I guess I'll have to do another run through. Could've done something wrong

User Info: Rawe

Rawe
5 years ago#12
Well, it's not a 1 hit without a poison or enchant arrow. But, here's a situation for me. I enter a dungeon, I throw on a poison, with my Command Bow. I shoot an enemy, since it's a command bow, he starts fighting the other enemy, while the poison is working, then he dies either way. The one who survives gets a poison as well, and slowly dies. This can go throughout the whole dungeon. I go through dungeons without getting seen and watching enemies kill each other or dying in a matter of seconds. I also have a Weakness to Poison 100% 50 secs on target +Invisbility on Self for 20 secs. So if I throw that from the Shadows and I go invisible, and no one sees me. After I shoot them with a poison while the spell is active, they die in about 1 second, instead of 3. I never knew how poisons worked like that until recently, seriously though, at high levels, a Xivalai or Minotaur lord, dead in a few seconds. Also, custom made potions are extremely useful as well. There's one potion I can show that is pretty much Invincibility with the health and magicka regen along with shield. Sorry, got carried away.
Owner of PS3 - Wii - 360 - PSP

User Info: Ace6706

Ace6706
5 years ago#13
LOL I wasn't really that good with poisons back then so that could be it

User Info: Rawe

Rawe
5 years ago#14
I never knew Alchemy is so insane though. Potions and Poisons are crazy.
Owner of PS3 - Wii - 360 - PSP

User Info: Knighted Dragon

Knighted Dragon
5 years ago#15

Why is it that everyone seems to have problems with bows? I have no problem killing anything with my bow. It takes patience, and stealth.

Playing on very hard, even with a strong poison and enchanted bow and enchanted arrows, you will almost never one hit anything besides fodder enemies like mudcrabs, even with a sneak attack. Things like Minotaurs would be walking around with 10+ arrows sticking out of it's face while I was desperately having to dupe more enchanted arrows. They need to buff it a lot.
Laus Deo
http://img15.imageshack.us/img15/2492/gyenyame.jpg

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived