So, 10 Races... AGAIN?

#1darthmunkyPosted 1/13/2011 12:09:42 PM
So in the new issue of gameinformer, it states that there will be 10 races in the game... so we're just getting the same 10 races we had in morrowind and oblivion? We want something new! why is there so many human races too? we just need one human race.
#2TheBonsaiSlayaPosted 1/13/2011 12:10:43 PM
There are several. breton, imperial. Redguard. And a few more.
---
Yeah but Fable is Peter Molyneaux's baby. Albeit a highly disabled sort of alien mutant baby but a baby nonetheless. But I have faith in Bethesda.-jroriginal
#3ronnetPosted 1/13/2011 12:15:00 PM

darthmunky posted...
So in the new issue of gameinformer, it states that there will be 10 races in the game... so we're just getting the same 10 races we had in morrowind and oblivion? We want something new! why is there so many human races too? we just need one human race.

No we don't, or atleast I don't. Are you really the rest of the world speaking to me? Or just someone who feels he knows what others want?

I certainly dont want them to change the lore. The human races are different from each other because they've lived seperate for a long time and gotten certain atributes. Same with the elves really. And without a good explanation in the lore I dont want them to add new races out of no where either.

#4TheBonsaiSlayaPosted 1/13/2011 12:17:38 PM
Weirdly all elves aren't elves. They are some other race set called Mer.
---
Yeah but Fable is Peter Molyneaux's baby. Albeit a highly disabled sort of alien mutant baby but a baby nonetheless. But I have faith in Bethesda.-jroriginal
#5WhereDidItGoPosted 1/13/2011 12:18:44 PM
Me neither. Ronnet said basically what I was thinking. I'd much rather they stick with the traditional races instead of coming up with something new just for the sake of being new.

---
The only difference between peace and submission is the mercy of your enemy.
#6ronnetPosted 1/13/2011 12:20:05 PM

TheBonsaiSlaya posted...
Weirdly all elves aren't elves. They are some other race set called Mer.
---

Men and Mer, very Tolkien of Bethesda.

Men = humans

Mer = elves

By living seperatly from each other they've developed into different races (bosmer, altmer, etc).

#7ZarnonElchrisPosted 1/13/2011 12:22:11 PM
The 10 races of Tamriel have been established long ago.
To add another now would be like adding Orcs to the next Call of Duty.

If at some point during Skyrim the Dwemer return, or Akaviiri races move into a region, then maybe you can be those races in the next game. But they can't be a playable race until they've integrated into society. Otherwise picking those races would radically change the story and how people react to you, which would eat up a lot of time and resources better spent elsewhere.
#8TheBonsaiSlayaPosted 1/13/2011 12:27:48 PM
^
360 No scope!
OMG HARRIER!
OMG CHOPPER GUNNER!
OMG NUKE!

CAMPY NOOBS!

Now imagine that. With green people.
---
#9Young WyattPosted 1/13/2011 12:28:47 PM
Agreed: no random additions. Why do u feel the need to mess up the history of the series? That's a piece of the back bone, that they don't change up a bunch of things, they don't need to throw in random new thing to 'mix it up'. They simply improve what's already there and produce epic games with out adding bells and whistles like guns and out of now where races.
---
GT: The Reaper 502
#10darthmunky(Topic Creator)Posted 1/13/2011 12:36:02 PM
I didn't mean new as in something we'ven ever heard of in TES lore. I want like a race that we've heard of but never actually got to play. Like dwarves or another type of elf.