200 years...

#1madninjaskillzzPosted 1/13/2011 6:43:15 PM
So considering the technology present in TES: IV guns are not that out of place.

I am curious, did you people get the same amount of butthurt when they put guns in Fable 2? Because last time I checked, guns made that game a lot better.

In fact, guns make everything better. Take Sucker Punch for instance.

So eat it.
---
www.abovetheignorance.org
Ke$ha is pretty much my dream woman. My dirtiest thought? Giving her a spongebath.
#2SlakoaPosted 1/13/2011 6:47:04 PM
It might indeed make the game more fun, but I dont think it would fit in the ES world. And I definitely dont want this game to be like fable...
---
That...was the...second worst throw...of all time. -Agent Washington.
#3kevindrosario2Posted 1/13/2011 6:47:10 PM
Guns make trolling better too.
---
A new study shows that by 2025, American children will be too obese to ride hover boards.
#4FishmastaRebornPosted 1/13/2011 6:47:13 PM
Obvious troll is obvious
---
XBLGT: xTMFx Fishmasta
#5themagicpainmanPosted 1/13/2011 6:47:44 PM
Hm... This thread could be interesting...

*Opens thread and reads OP*

http://undergroundcoders.com/forums/uploads/1275200534/gallery_1_3_57968.jpg
---
Greetings and Bienvenue!
#6madninjaskillzz(Topic Creator)Posted 1/13/2011 6:48:06 PM
Obvious troll wants to use long range weaponry without them sucking. Obvious troll wants a brace of flintlock pistols to shoot a dragon in the face with.
---
Ke$ha is pretty much my dream woman. My dirtiest thought? Giving her a spongebath.
#7madninjaskillzz(Topic Creator)Posted 1/13/2011 6:50:09 PM
In 200 years you really don't think there would be a natural evolution in combat? Necessity is the mother of invention and from the sounds of it people have a need to shoot each other in the face with something a little better than chicken feathers taped to the end of a stick. Arrows are goddamn stupid.
---
#8JINJ0Posted 1/13/2011 6:58:38 PM
You have melee weapons for melee combat, magic for heavy ranged combat, and arrows for stealthy ranged combat.

In a world where everyone can harness the magical energy which binds all matter and weaponize it, gunfire is an unnecessary and impractical substitute.
---
../--~~,~~--,:~|
JINJO!!!.........\O_/_O_,/:::::|....
#9I have no namePosted 1/13/2011 7:00:09 PM
Necessity is the mother of invention. Nobody needs guns when you can walk down to the local mages guild, pay 100 bucks and learn a spell that will burn your enemy alive, electrocute him or summon a demon from Oblivion to devour his soul.
#10madninjaskillzz(Topic Creator)Posted 1/13/2011 7:00:35 PM
By your logic chicken feathers taped to a stick would be asinine as well. I'd imagine at some point they'd want ballistics that work.
---