Do you want them to change the way skills are leveled?

#21ronnetPosted 1/14/2011 9:44:58 AM

bestatfallin posted...
but im sure it takes about the same time to raise one skill from 31 to 32 that it does to raise like 5 or 6 from 10 to 11.

It does, but after level 50 it takes longer. But the difference that has to eb clear is leveling skills and actually leveling up. Leveling higher skills will give more points to actually leveling up (as said). And as you level up you can pick 'perks'. So there is a good reason to specialize in a few key skills once you've found out which skills you like best.

#22megaddtdPosted 1/14/2011 9:47:33 AM
True that. I would assume that available perks are based on things like skill levels, health/stamina/magika reserves, etc...
#23ronnetPosted 1/14/2011 9:55:38 AM

megaddtd posted...
True that. I would assume that available perks are based on things like skill levels, health/stamina/magika reserves, etc...

I guess. But we dont know anything about that yet. Although it makes sense that special combat move perksfor swords get unlocked as you level your swordskill. So 'SuperSwordSpeedSlash'* is a perk only available at skilllevel 55. I also imagine that you can unlock perks like 'larger area effect' for destruction spells.

*uperSwordSpeedSlash wont actually be a skill, and if it is then I'll sue Bethesda.

#24GruntBday567Posted 1/14/2011 10:11:30 AM
No, I love the Oblivion leveling system. It makes perfect sense and even though there's a little grinding it work well.
---
Halo & CoD are like ice cream both are different flavors but you dont see vanilla fight chocolate you just see two idiots fight over which one is better.
#25ZarnonElchrisPosted 1/14/2011 10:32:39 AM
"What i really wish is more like somebody said, more points for killing a dragon vs. a mudcrap. If i do a begginer spell, it shouldn't carry the same weight as an expert level spell."

Some of that stuff works itself out though. Killing a tougher enemy gives more experience because it takes more hits/spells to kill them. Plus, because they don't die as fast, they hit you more often, so your armor and block skills get a bigger increase as well.