What i want in Skyrim

#1kemPhReAkPosted 1/14/2011 8:50:42 AM
1. No fast travel through the maps.

Before Oblivion, you had to follow the directions given to you. Such as going down a path until you reach a certain landmark and then changing your heading to find the location to complete the quest. In addition, the land you are exploring will appear MUCH larger. The fast travel system in Oblivion and Fallout 3 made the place feel smaller than Morrowind's even though it was larger.

2. Absolutely no level scaling.

You always start out a noob-hero. You shouldn't be able to complete the game at lvl 4.

3. Please give us back levitation and jump spells.

4. Use more voice actors, and different ones. Don't reuse the same voice actors in every freaking game they make. I want a different black guys voice in my room lol.

5. Use more varied terrain.

6. Just improve what Morrowind had, not what Oblivion had.

7. Have ladders and fix the AI to use them in the game.
(there were no ladders in previous games simply because they cant program the ai to use them, the ladders you've seen are simply "portals" )
#2Amac_09Posted 1/14/2011 8:54:34 AM
you know if you don't like it you can just pretend fast travel isn't there

you know by not using it
#3ronnetPosted 1/14/2011 9:03:45 AM
1. No fast travel through the maps.

AGreed, although some cant play such a game without it so hopefully SKyrim will have fastravel as well as some ingame forms of transportation. I hope they make a hardcore mode thatd disables fastravel as well as add the need to drink and sleep, etc.
2. Absolutely no level scaling.

Every game needs some form of level scaling, even Morrowind had some. They just need to make it in such a way that you do feel more powerful sa you level up but that the game remains challenging, fallout 3 was already an improvement.
3. Please give us back levitation and jump spells.No thank you, if the game is as complex as I hope it is then there simply is no room for levitation. There should be true mountains and other objects that could conflict with levitation. Besides if cities are in sperate cells then it just wont work.

4. Use more voice actors, and different ones. Don't reuse the same voice actors in every freaking game they make. I want a different black guys voice in my room lol.Disc space issue. You cant switch discs like on mass effect because its an openworld game, dialogue spoken by inhabitans has to be on all discs. And you can hardly put certain guilds on 1 disc and others on another. Imagine doing two guilds at once and having to switch discs all the time. But compressing tech has been improved since oblivion so who knows...

5. Use more varied terrain.Rather not, it has to be in tune with the area that it represents. Although it is said skyrim has 5 different terrains, from tundra to pine forrest. But dont expect deserts, those are on the other side of the continent.

6. Just improve what Morrowind had, not what Oblivion had.No, Morrowind was grand (best game ever) but it was flawed. SOme stuff seriously is outdated and should be deleted and made from scratch again.

7. Have ladders and fix the AI to use them in the game.New engine might support it.
#4jman427Posted 1/14/2011 9:04:08 AM
1. I hope so too.

2. Absolutely correct.

3. Doubt it but it would be a welcome return.

4. With all the money they are making now, they should be able to afford more voices.

5. Never had anything against Bethesda's terrain skills.

6. Skyrim looks totally different visually than Morrowind and Oblivion, it looks like it will feel like a completely different game.

7. Ladders? Did you run out of ideas or what? Okay, ladders would be nice.

You need to come up with 3 more things.

---
I wonder if I should use this space for shameless self promotion.
#5Sniping_TurtlePosted 1/14/2011 9:09:42 AM
1. Welcome to business 101. They added fast travel for convenience and appeal to the casual audience, thus a larger income, as the casual audience doesn't want to walk 5 minutes through the middle of no where to get somewhere. Not to mention Morrowind was basically the only ES game without fast travel.... then again Stilt Striders and other services were technically fast travel.

2. Only thing supposedly scaling this time are the quests and NPC interactions available to the character, meaning you won't find a super hard quest at level 1 because NPC's won't think you're good enough.

3. As much as I would like to see that, Skyrim had the same case as Oblivion, as towns are in different cells and levitation would allow people to get out of cells much easier.

4. They're bringing in more voice actors/actresses supposedly.

5. Maybe, there will be snow and grass and water at least.

6. Or they could just improve in general.

7. Meh, ladders arn't vital but can't really argue against it either.
---
May God have mercy on your soul... - The Preacher
Because I sure as hell won't. - The Gunslinger
#6jman427Posted 1/14/2011 9:14:03 AM
@ronnet

Disc space has nothing to do with the number of voice actors in the game, it only has to do with cost. Different voices don't take up any more space than the same exact voices when they are saying different things.

For instance, if Oblivion had a different VA for every NPC that had unique dialogue it wouldn't take up anymore space than the same VA performing all that same unique dialogue.

The real trouble is paying so many different people for VA work versus paying a handful of people to do all of it. GTA does it, their VA cast is always very robust.

---
#7ronnetPosted 1/14/2011 9:26:53 AM

jman427 posted...
@ronnet

Disc space has nothing to do with the number of voice actors in the game, it only has to do with cost. Different voices don't take up any more space than the same exact voices when they are saying different things.

For instance, if Oblivion had a different VA for every NPC that had unique dialogue it wouldn't take up anymore space than the same VA performing all that same unique dialogue.

The real trouble is paying so many different people for VA work versus paying a handful of people to do all of it. GTA does it, their VA cast is always very robust.

---

If your talking about quest related NPCs then I agree.

But for regular NPCs it is a different scenerio. With Oblivion they had a few voice actors for the regular NPCs. One for imperial and breton. One for Orc and Nord. One for the elves. One for the beatraces. Now if you add voice actors for the regular NPCs then it will take up more disc space. Because where there only was 1 voice there will now be more for the same lines. And even if you use different lines, then it would still take up more space. SHort example:

Orc/Nord voice in Oblivion: Did you hear about the thing that happened over there?

Orc in Skyrim: Did you hear about the stupid thing over there?

Nord in SKyrim: Did you hear about the fantastic thing over there?

More voices = more disc space. But I agree that for quest related sentences that will only be said once they might as well get unique actors.

#8Crono373Posted 1/14/2011 9:39:50 AM
You are fooling yourself if you think nothing good can come from Oblivion compared to Morrowind.

Combat, Sneaking, Streamlined many tasks(Good or Bad I suppose, but I like some things to be simple)
---
Morrowind is amazing, but now when I play it all I can think is I could be playing Oblivion.