When was the last time you played Morrowind?

#11Oscar396Posted 1/15/2011 7:00:44 AM
"Makes you feel stupid for not using it". Yeah thats a great argument.
#12LyricaliasPosted 1/15/2011 7:01:27 AM
I know.

---
Every note and every word, I'm listening!
But to this place where destiny is made, why have you come unprepared?
#13TheBonsaiSlayaPosted 1/15/2011 7:20:36 AM
Are people forgetting about the trekking?

Annoying mountain physics that stop your character from going up slopes.... VERY annoying at Bruma.
Fast travel isn't atrocious. But a limiter to how FAR you can fast travel and fast travel cooldown. Hows'about that?
---
Yeah but Fable is Peter Molyneaux's baby. Albeit a highly disabled sort of alien mutant baby but a baby nonetheless. But I have faith in Bethesda.-jroriginal
#14LyricaliasPosted 1/15/2011 7:25:42 AM

Are people forgetting about the trekking?

Annoying mountain physics that stop your character from going up slopes.... VERY annoying at Bruma.
Fast travel isn't atrocious. But a limiter to how FAR you can fast travel and fast travel cooldown. Hows'about that?

They could also bring back Fast Travel Services. A sensible system that still required actual effort from the player.
#15SteinhandtPosted 1/15/2011 8:10:40 AM
yesterday
#16scorpeusPosted 1/15/2011 8:27:04 AM
I just finished a full playthrough of Morrowind a couple of weeks ago; it was the first time I picked up the game in over a year (PC version), and the first time I've done a full playthrough in god knows how long. Before this playthrough, I was with the "Morrowind directions are horrible" crowd but after my playthrough, I can honestly say that the main quest has very decent to excellent directions, and I found everything pretty easily with some thought. One particular quest that always bothered me was getting the tribe leader's bow in his grandfather's tomb (Urshilaku tribe, or something like that), and getting there had always been a pain for me. This time around, I found the landmark right away, turned south as I was told, and eurika: there was the cave. Navigating the gigantic cave on the inside was a different matter, but I just figured "important dead tribal leader; probably on the top floor of the cave," and there it was. Mark + Recall made my trip back to the camp a piece of cake.

One very key quest to that game is finding the Nerevar's Ring in Azura's cave, where you have to travel to a specific valley (can't remember what they are called: the valleys formed by lava flow) and then find the cave down the valley. That quest took me well over an hour, but I have to admit, you don't feel the sensation of triumph and success if you are given a compass pointing at it. It was a well done quest which you had to figure out yourself, and the compass would have ruined it.

Nonetheless, that is the main quest. I came back with an alt. character and joined House Redoran and I could not figure out the first quest. "Follow the valley east of Ald' Ruhn North" or some directions like that. WHICH VALLEY?? Ald'Ruhn is overrun by valleys! You've got to be kidding me. Along my search to complete the quest I encoutered about 3-4 side quests though.

I think there has to be a compromise set up; I hate how the compass gives you the exact and precise location of everything. Somebody mentioned a "general" area sort of compass/map; I think tha would beat it all.
---
Mess with the Best, die like the Rest
~D. Nukem
#17XxNumbersxXPosted 1/17/2011 3:37:04 AM
2day, killed divayth fyr for daedric