I hope the passage of time will be slower

#1kingcodebraPosted 1/18/2011 4:20:57 PM
Solely because of the way conversations will be held.

I used to use the freezing of time to get all the info I could and not worry about a shop closing or having to wait until the next dusk/dawn for things like Azura's quest. Won't be able to use that little bit of help this time.

But then I had another thought.

What's your ideal passage of time for a game? I think if one day went by every 4 to 6 hours it would help the people and places feel more alive because they wouldn't have to run like crazy through a way-too-compressed time scale to get things done. That would mean 2 to 3 hours for a store to open and close which might help some RPers feel like they have a "real" job, hehe.

How long would you want your ideal Skyrim day to be?
---
Take off your pants and jacket.
#2bestatfallinPosted 1/18/2011 4:24:55 PM
6 hours sounds good. 3 for "day" time, 3 for night, one half hour playing time would be around 2 hours game time, if i got my math right
#3SamuriChameleonPosted 1/18/2011 4:25:53 PM
4 to 6 hours? The two hour days in Dead Rising feel really long.
#4kevindrosario2Posted 1/18/2011 4:26:58 PM
I wouldn't mind long days as long as they didn't take out the wait feature.
---
A new study shows that by 2025, American children will be too obese to ride hover boards.
#5kingcodebra(Topic Creator)Posted 1/18/2011 4:29:03 PM
@samurai

That's probably because you're only doing one thing. Add in the whole town and about 300 more survivors and you might wish you had the time to get to them/kill them.
---
#6SamuriChameleonPosted 1/18/2011 4:43:06 PM
That's probably because you're only doing one thing. Add in the whole town and about 300 more survivors and you might wish you had the time to get to them/kill them.

I'm sorry, I don't really understand what you just said.
#7bestatfallinPosted 1/18/2011 4:46:18 PM
especially for conversation sake, they spent all kinds of money on new and exciting voice actors, and then put you on the clock to talk to them. side note, it might be cool if NPC's ended conversation on there own. "It's late, I really must be going" then just walks away.
#8kevindrosario2Posted 1/18/2011 4:54:35 PM

it might be cool if NPC's ended conversation on there own. "It's late, I really must be going" then just walks away.

That could get annoying.

Hey shopkeeper, can I buy that sword off of...
It's late, I really must be going
FUUUUUUU
---
A new study shows that by 2025, American children will be too obese to ride hover boards.
#9Numba1HawkPosted 1/18/2011 4:56:39 PM
That actually sounds like a realistic thing that I would enjoy the first two times it happened to me.
---
It's a big rock. I can't wait to tell my friends. They don't have a rock this big.
PSN & GT:Numba1Hawk
#10kingcodebra(Topic Creator)Posted 1/18/2011 5:06:08 PM
What I meant is that Dead Rising is pretty much linear compared to an ES game. Go here, save them/kill them, solve this case, done. And all taking place in a single mall.

Add in the rest of the town an numerous survivors good and bad and suddenly 2 hours for one day will have you screaming, "How in the **** am I supposed to do all that?!"
---