#1oneofakind_07Posted 1/18/2011 4:37:08 PM
now i know and understand that implementing online co-op would be bad for a game like this. But how about if you would be able to take your character to the arena and fight others online? like a 2 on 2 battle or something like that. do you guys think that would work? (and yes i know Skyrim is single player only)
---
Xbox Live GT: Phil Victorious
#2themagicpainmanPosted 1/18/2011 4:38:22 PM
Wait... So you're saying you know that multiplayer's a bad idea AND that you know it's been confirmed to not be in, yet still suggesting it...?
---
Greetings and Bienvenue!
#3YamiBlade2Posted 1/18/2011 4:47:41 PM
Honestly, I don't know how it would work. I will be honest and say that I don't particularly like the idea of multiplayer for elder scrolls, but for the arena where every match is a fight to the death (To my knowledge) I have to wonder what happens to the player or players that loose. It would either give the other guys a game over or a resurrection for no reason, or the cop out of the fight being ended before a fatality for whatever reason that could be thought up. I guess if it was locked till you were the grand champ and had some control of the fights, then chose to spare the other player it would make sense, but that probably wouldn't fit with someone that was trying to play as an evil character.

Another thing I have to wonder about is the sneak mechanic for assassin/rogue builds. Would sneak be allowed, basically. If so, what would decide whether the other player is aware of them (Perhaps it counts as a sneak attack if you get behind the other player?), and if not, it removes a huge strength of certain builds, destroying the balance and forces people to be an uber mage that can kill someone in one shot, a warrior that gets close and kills the opponent in a few swings, or maybe an archer depending on how powerful bows are in Skyrim

On the other hand, getting my friends in the arena and one shotting them with a sneak critical arrow to the forehead sounds nice...

---
You know what I don't get? If Hercules (And Danved) had the strength of 10 men, why didn't they just get 11 men to beat them up all at once?
#4bestatfallinPosted 1/18/2011 4:50:27 PM
only way i could see co-op working is if the 2nd player steps into the shoes of my companions. that way there not imperitive to the story, yet more than an unnamed henchman
#5kevindrosario2Posted 1/18/2011 4:56:29 PM

Wait... So you're saying you know that multiplayer's a bad idea AND that you know it's been confirmed to not be in, yet still suggesting it...?

Not that I'm agreeing with what the TC is saying, but he said he knows that co-op is a bad idea, but would want PvP. Those are two completely different things.
---
A new study shows that by 2025, American children will be too obese to ride hover boards.
#6oneofakind_07(Topic Creator)Posted 1/18/2011 6:29:47 PM
themagicpainman............BURN!!!! You should really READ something before you comment, not just skim. :)
---
#7FighterOfFirePosted 1/18/2011 6:30:32 PM
Yeah, online PvP has been confirmed. The word is out on the M16, though.
---
... And that's how I went from 450 karma to 377 karma in 2 hours.
#8themagicpainmanPosted 1/18/2011 6:34:33 PM
...Burn? Really?
---
Greetings and Bienvenue!
#9oneofakind_07(Topic Creator)Posted 1/18/2011 6:35:59 PM
really
---