Has ANYTHING been said about spellmaking, if it'll even be in the game?

#1The moonlight knightPosted 1/21/2011 3:56:33 PM
My main concerns so far is that they'll nerf magic since it dominates in Oblivion, as opposed to buffing the other ways to play to make them competitive. And one very effective way to neuter magic would be to limit or even outright remove spellmaking. I'm also worried they'll nerf enchanting/limit it.

Spellmaking and enchanting were my favorite things about Oblivion, and if anything I want them to be expanded upon, given more freedom, more variety of spell effects, maybe even allow the ability to alter the color of your created spells. I'm really scared they're gonna screw that aspect of the game up badly. >_>

So, what is known about it, if anything?
---
I am snazzier, hot, hot rant. Warily slight as.
Over an evil. A cherished vehemency ovation ::)
#2rivve_Posted 1/21/2011 3:59:28 PM
Enchanting is a new skill, spellmaking is almost guaranteed! ^-^
---
M'aiq is my lover. :3
#3CelticsDude_34Posted 1/21/2011 3:59:51 PM
There is a skill for Enchanting. So if anything, I'd say it's going to have an increased role. Not sure about spellmaking though
#4The moonlight knight(Topic Creator)Posted 1/21/2011 4:04:13 PM
Wasn't enchanting a skill in morrowind, too? Maybe that means it'll work more like it did in that game? I've never played it so I'm not really sure what that means.

Wait, was spellmaking in Morrowind? I mean, how far back in the series does spellmaking go? If it's been throughout the series, or at least up to Morrowind, maybe that'll mean it'll at least stick around in some form... But just including it won't necessarily mean they don't screw it up to the point of not being fun anymore. D:
---
I am snazzier, hot, hot rant. Warily slight as.
Over an evil. A cherished vehemency ovation ::)