Idea for the arena...

#1Gnarly_BPosted 1/29/2011 10:29:08 AM
I know there are a few topics about this but they're what made me remember this idea I had a while back.

basically after the end, instead of fighting various random enemies, you could choose how many enemies you would fight. The more enemies and how challenging they were would decide the amount of gold you got at the end.

e.g. you could have criminals who are poorly equipped, mercenaries who are better equipped and various enemies from throughout the game but you choose how many of them you fight in the arena in the next fight. The game would tell you how challenging the fight would be by comparing your level to the difficulty and number of the enemies you had chosen to fight.

So you could fight a gang of criminals for a lower amount of money than a minotaur.

Thoughts?
---
People who want another SW Battlefront: 164
"I killed you Mr Anderson I watched you die. With a certain satisfaction I might add."
#2o0stoneduk0oPosted 1/29/2011 10:40:00 AM
So like the thorn from new vegas then?
---
And only when "we have felled the last tree, killed the last game and fished the last fish we will realize that you cannot eat money".
#3Gnarly_B(Topic Creator)Posted 1/29/2011 11:15:16 AM
I don't know. is that from DLC? I didn't even know there was an arena in New Vegas.
---
"I killed you Mr Anderson I watched you die. With a certain satisfaction I might add."
#4chasingmaynardPosted 1/29/2011 11:22:52 AM

There is an Arena in Vegas?

Never got too far in that game. I couldn't stand the arm raising bug, so I stopped playing.

#5Omega_GilgameshPosted 1/29/2011 11:35:28 AM
I wouldn't mind if it were a little more like the real life Colloseum, where fighters were only killed if the crowds felt they fought terribly (which was rare enough that it was common to find Gladiators who had careers comparible to modern day boxers) and fighters frequently endorsed products before fights. I'm serious, they really did commercial advertising through professional athletes in those days, too!

Maybe that could be one of the things you could do: get sponcers, maybe do minor quests for them so they'll sponcer you, and maybe even get multiple sponcers for huge cash.
---
On "Why are you imprisoned at the beginning of TESV: Skyrim?"
"Being the wrong race, at the wrong time."-Irulesmost
#6Gnarly_B(Topic Creator)Posted 1/29/2011 11:39:47 AM
^And maybe different sponsors offer a bonus, maybe use only magic or only melee, no armour kind of like the boasts in Fable 1.
---
#7o0stoneduk0oPosted 1/30/2011 8:20:04 PM
Yes there is an arena in new Vegas, you can bet on fights between different creatures or you can go down and fight against them yourself, you can choose what you would like to fight and depending on what you choose the caps reward changes accordingly.
---
And only when "we have felled the last tree, killed the last game and fished the last fish we will realize that you cannot eat money".
#8Gnarly_B(Topic Creator)Posted 1/31/2011 12:11:53 PM
Cool where's that/what's it called?
---
#9TheBonsaiSlayaPosted 1/31/2011 12:14:10 PM
The Thorn, western Vegas.
You get 120 caps for killing three giant radscorps. I wanted several thousand to pay for armour repairs after though.
---
THE TROLL COUNT: 12
There are a lot of trolls... if you think you've found one, tell me!
#10Krow_IncarnatePosted 1/31/2011 12:17:35 PM
I hope you can keep fighting human enemies this time.
---
Disturbed is my favorite band hands down. Always. Forever. Period. And Ever. Period.
Their music isn't bad. Your tastes are horrible.