Wondering about rune magic

#1RavensRules69Posted 2/18/2011 10:22:45 AM
Had a thought about these magic runes we'll be bale to use; we know that you put them on a doorframe or floor area, and when an NPC or creature gets near, they activate. I wonder if an assassin-type character could use these as well? For example, could you break into a target's house, plant a rune, say, near a bed or chair, then leave, and let the rune do your damage for you? Or do they have a set time limit (10 seconds after placement, if not triggered)? Also, if they can be used as an assassination tool, say you place one for your target, then hightail it across town. Can the rune be traced to your character via "guard telepathy", or will you get away scott-free? Thoughts? (As far as I'm aware, none of these questions have been definitively answered yet, and if they have, I apologize.)
---
"Guns don't kill people, people kill people, and monkeys do too (if they have a gun)." -Eddie Izzard
#2bretonftwPosted 2/18/2011 10:26:27 AM

assasins should be able to do something like that yh.. but maybe with some sort of knife traps instead of magic?

#3RavensRules69(Topic Creator)Posted 2/18/2011 2:16:24 PM
assasins should be able to do something like that yh.. but maybe with some sort of knife traps instead of magic?

Not a bad idea, actually.
---
"Guns don't kill people, people kill people, and monkeys do too (if they have a gun)." -Eddie Izzard
#4Sniping_TurtlePosted 2/18/2011 2:18:06 PM
Honestly, everything is speculation... as none of use have the game nor have these runes been talked about much.

All we know is that their some sort of magical trap, like a magic land mine, possibly in different flavours like icy death and fiery doom.
---
May God have mercy on your soul... - The Preacher
Because I sure as hell won't. - The Gunslinger
#5Omega_GilgameshPosted 2/18/2011 2:36:43 PM
*spends five hundred hours leveling up Destruction and Willpower to make the ultimate rune of destruction, and puts a bonsai tree in the middle of it, waiting for TheBonsaiSlaya to come along...*
---
On "Why are you imprisoned at the beginning of TESV: Skyrim?"
"Being the wrong race, at the wrong time."-Irulesmost
#6HatchetHoundPosted 2/18/2011 2:38:55 PM
It does kinda sound like they're items you place and not a function of the magic. I'd love to be wrong though.
---
I'm in a man's apartment and I'm addicted to spray paint.
That is ALL you need to KNOW!
#7RavensRules69(Topic Creator)Posted 2/18/2011 2:49:15 PM
It does kinda sound like they're items you place and not a function of the magic. I'd love to be wrong though.

For what it's worth, this is word for word from the Skyrim GI issue: "Within your fire spells, for instance, you might have a bursting fireball, a flamethrower spray, or a burning rune that activates when a creature crosses its threshold."
---
#8GameGuy_5318Posted 2/18/2011 2:57:49 PM
*places flame rune, along with argument against multiplayer and guns*
I'm catchin' me a troll
---
uncreative sig is uncreative
#9Dragonknight85Posted 2/18/2011 3:13:04 PM
^Happy Hunting GameGuy :D.
---
XBL GT:xLegendaryOmega/SkyKnight85
Yeah....but then that happened...
#10TheBonsaiSlayaPosted 2/18/2011 3:27:50 PM
BONSAI TREE!

I sense...
*checks book*
Hah. This should work.

*Draws blade.*
*Charges, slicing the tree very quickly.*
*Rune fires, as planned.*
*Dragon Whisper: Teleport. Human shield Omega Gilgamesh.*
*Hits. Area damage.*
*Suffers minor wounds, utilizes tree sap of Bonsai to heal as it spurs pure rage.*
---
Still slaying Bonsai trees people!
GT: FATAL x KOBRA