Dwemer? (Dwarven) or not?

#1vzerbyPosted 2/28/2011 11:50:54 PM(edited)
So while looking through the trailing I finally got a chance to slow down some scenes and analyze them and when I got to this point...

http://i41.photobucket.com/albums/e286/vzerby/Screenshot2011-02-28at113930PM.png?t=1298965670

I immediately got excite that this was a possible Dwemer Ruin. The reason I think this is the brass steampunk matalic look there and it's piping which is pretty advance for Tamriel (Even for 200 years later of Oblivion) I was just wondering what other people thing?
#2UndeadWarlord95Posted 2/28/2011 11:53:53 PM
Actually, you may have a point there. I never noticed that before. The only thing is, it seems like it's part of a quest since the character is sneaking up to it, like investigating.
---
Stupid Mudcrabs....
#3WoofrikinhawPosted 3/1/2011 12:16:28 AM
Dwemer ruins have been confirmed as returning in Skyrim.
---
Vladof! You don't need to be a better shot, you just need to shoot more bullets!
#4solaris32Posted 3/1/2011 12:45:44 AM
There is a vid where the sound guy is interviewed. In it he shows examples of his work. One of the examples is the sound those mechanical ball guys make when they unmorph, found in Morrowind. I think it's safe to say Dwemer ruins are in :).
---
i183.photobucket.com/albums/x182/solaris32/babyeater.jpg
"[Fallout 3] is the kind of game that I think about when I make love to my wife"-Darth_nacho
#5johnboythe4thPosted 3/1/2011 1:25:26 AM
I'm hoping the dwemer aren't in the original game, they deserve at least an expansion pack or their own game, not crammed into some silly little village where you collect robot parts to help them to continue living peacefully.
---
The new Emporer of the Mudcrabs. Position claimed after being voted in by mudcrabs everywhere. I love you guys too.
#6WheezinEdPosted 3/1/2011 3:13:35 AM

I'm hoping the dwemer aren't in the original game, they deserve at least an expansion pack or their own game, not crammed into some silly little village where you collect robot parts to help them to continue living peacefully.

They're extinct.
---
http://img716.imageshack.us/img716/6348/problemjc.jpg
#7johnboythe4thPosted 3/1/2011 5:02:32 AM
The Dwemer are only extinct from our world. They are believed to have used some sort of technology to transcend the mortal plane, or possibly enter a plane of Oblivion, which could mean the same thing. Or, they could be extinct like you said, but no one knows.

"It has been suggested that, in the last moments before they disappeared, Lord Kagrenac used The Calling to summon all of the Dwemer people and rally them to carry out his plans to transcend the Mortal Plane. Whether this version of their demise is correct or not is uncertain"

-UESP
---
The new Emporer of the Mudcrabs. Position claimed after being voted in by mudcrabs everywhere. I love you guys too.
#8thermopylaePosted 3/1/2011 5:05:21 AM
i loved dwemer ruins in morrowwind.
---
The price of Victory is high, but so are the rewards.
#9JokernaterPosted 3/1/2011 7:20:38 AM
I dont know much about the dwemer. What was their ruins like?
---
"The Lusty Argonian Maid" Written and performed by CsG X Joker, coming to theaters near you!
#10Poundx2Posted 3/1/2011 7:26:46 AM

Jokernater posted...
I dont know much about the dwemer. What was their ruins like?
---
"The Lusty Argonian Maid" Written and performed by CsG X Joker, coming to theaters near you!

Imagine bronze age industrial ruins. Hard to describe, but full of steam powered machinery, piping, and gas lights.