Assasinations

#1svunte_boyPosted 3/2/2011 8:25:25 AM
Would be cool if you could pay someone to kill someone else. Either dark brotherhood but they are expensive but effective, could have different options like poison, accident or just cold blooded murder.

Or any rogue guy from fighters guild (was another guild in oblivion that wasn't good as fighters guild) that would do it for the money. Could also be someone random like a beggar or thugs, some shady guy in the inn, you get the idea.

OR! you tell someone (paranoid/drunk/high/whatever) guy that this guy did something they didn't like and they would attack them. Like the Frenzy spell where everyone got aggro on everyone just randomly attacking.

Could be ways to do it yourself aswell. IE, the guy is an alchemist, you tell him that you know a great place to find a rare plant. Now including the charisma and all other stats/skills to make them believe you and actually do it. They would make you have to point out the place on a map and also a good way to go there, forcing you to make good calculations and preferably have gone there yourself to see if there are any caves etc close that he might know of might not be safe to travel by, just to take it up a notch.

You could have set up an ambush by said paid assassins or youself have to be quick to get there and hide somewhere and wait for them.

Thoughts?
---
PSN: Svantish
#2Iam_TylerDurdenPosted 3/2/2011 8:30:13 AM

To complicated, won't happen.

#3svunte_boy(Topic Creator)Posted 3/2/2011 8:33:02 AM
Not with that attitude it won't :(

Could be made simpler but that's just my idea so please come with better ideas or opinions, don't say they can't manage it tho I understand it would take time to make good. Maybe remove the map thing and just be able to pay someone for the hit.
---
PSN: Svantish
#4valium88Posted 3/2/2011 8:43:57 AM

How about joining the dark brotherhood, kill and get paid instead. Anyone special you want taken out, do it your self. Half the fun!

#5MasterofTheivesPosted 3/2/2011 8:48:25 AM
How about joining the dark brotherhood, kill and get paid instead. Anyone special you want taken out, do it your self. Twice the fun!

This.
And fix'd.
---
Oblivion called, said they want their troll back.
#6valium88Posted 3/2/2011 9:02:54 AM

MasterofTheives posted...
How about joining the dark brotherhood, kill and get paid instead. Anyone special you want taken out, do it your self. Twice the fun!

This.
And fix'd.
---
Oblivion called, said they want their troll back.

lol, Thank you.

#7rross46Posted 3/2/2011 10:35:59 AM
I would like this sort of mechanic. Would be tricky to get it working properly, but certainly plausible.
#8SandalFuryPosted 3/2/2011 11:10:55 AM
Sounds too complicated. These things are best left to tabletops.
---
Your emotes disgust me.
#9dark_lord_havocPosted 3/2/2011 11:20:32 AM
Much too complicated. You're talking about altering a NPC's AI behavior on the fly. And how would this assassin find the target, out of the gigantic amount of NPCs in the world? They aren't all going about their business at all times, only the ones in your specific area are. This is part of what happens with loading screens.

It's a nifty idea sure, but I doubt its plausibility from a programmer's standpoint.
#10moosinesPosted 3/2/2011 11:38:16 AM
Could be ways to do it yourself aswell. IE, the guy is an alchemist, you tell him that you know a great place to find a rare plant. Now including the charisma and all other stats/skills to make them believe you and actually do it. They would make you have to point out the place on a map and also a good way to go there, forcing you to make good calculations and preferably have gone there yourself to see if there are any caves etc close that he might know of might not be safe to travel by, just to take it up a notch.

This could work would be awesome. The Assassins Guild missions were my favourite in Oblivion and I hope they're done well in Skyrim.