Good idea? Bad Idea?

#1The_Mega_MuffinPosted 3/2/2011 12:50:03 PM
I was thinking the other day about Skyrim, but not just Skyrim, i was thinking about what kind of DLCs might be included in the game afterwards in the GOTY edition. I thought of this:
What if as a DLC there was a sort of How to Train Your Dragon scenario, (not sure if youve seen that movie though) where you sort of train a dragon in secret because you dont want to kill it, getting it food everyday, teaching it to fly (maybe). Then protect it from other adventurers wanting to kill it. Eventually you become good friends and it can accompany you. As time passes it grows bigger and it learns to fly and shoot fire. Then it can finally have you ride it at the peak of its age, but for a set amount of time, depending on its fatigue level. It could introduce flying combat. Other add-ons with this DLC would include:
- A secret training area where you found the abandoned baby dragon
- new perks increasing your dragons stats
- The ability to name your dragon
- Choosing what element it would use in battle
- Dragon nests to fly up to
- Mounted Air Combat against other Dragons
- etc.
(I'm not sure if Dragons are immortal though so...)
Thoughts?
---
---
Wait, Woodelfs are short, with big ears, Does that mean Link is a Woodelf? NOOOOooo...
#2konokonohamaruPosted 3/2/2011 12:51:56 PM
It would also be cool if you had an overbearing father who isn't proud of you, but after you save his life with your trusty dragon pal, he learns to trust you and you become the most popular person in town.
---
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tv-dEz9HW10
#3PontaniousPosted 3/2/2011 12:52:50 PM
[This message was deleted at the request of the original poster]
#4The_Mega_Muffin(Topic Creator)Posted 3/2/2011 12:54:34 PM
What other DLC? Did i mention that?
---
---
Wait, Woodelfs are short, with big ears, Does that mean Link is a Woodelf? NOOOOooo...
#5PontaniousPosted 3/2/2011 12:55:11 PM
Nvm I read it wrong at first
---
You sleep in the light / Yet the night and the silent water / Still so dark
#6Sniping_TurtlePosted 3/2/2011 12:55:26 PM
No...

Just... No.

*sigh*

I don't want any Dragon riding near TES.

Dragon's are for slaying, not for riding and befriending.
---
May God have mercy on your soul... - The Preacher
Because I sure as hell won't. - The Gunslinger
#7scary ghost manPosted 3/2/2011 2:42:12 PM

It would also be cool if you had an overbearing father who isn't proud of you, but after you save his life with your trusty dragon pal, he learns to trust you and you become the most popular person in town.

How can I be the only one that laughed at this?
---
Does Captain America have a love interest? www.thegamerbuzz.com
Freedom, Justice and The American way. He's quite the player. -Dominican Glory
#8H2010HPosted 3/2/2011 2:46:49 PM
Train the dragon and become lifelong friends or beat it to death with your fists and absorb angry shouting magic from it's battered corpse...

This choice is obvious.
---
Forklifts don't die Jorge, they're just missing in action.
"Hurl Thy Petard." LYB
#9Godly_GoofPosted 3/2/2011 3:03:52 PM
the game is already in it's "polishing" stages, though the idea sounds .... well rediculous since it would ruin the game balance terribly, their is NO way that something that would require a total physics overhaul would be put in
---
"I'm not telling you that you're an idiot, you simply are an idiot.I really don't get why this is a hard concept to understand" Tokiko Eredar Server
#10The_Mega_Muffin(Topic Creator)Posted 3/2/2011 3:07:50 PM
you may be right, meh, i can dream...or just go watch that movie again.
---
---
Who's the Greatest Rapper of all time? Dr. Suess.