OXM UK Skyrim Podcast

#1rivve_Posted 3/18/2011 7:07:43 AM(edited)
Official Xbox Magazine UK interviews Pete Hines of Bethesda regarding Skyrim.
It was released the 16th of March.

http://itunes.apple.com/gb/podcast/the-official-uk-xbox-360-magazine/id356150877
Hover over Podcast 4 and press the play button.
Did a quick search for "podcast" and "OXM", didn't see a thread, so here you go.

No real new info on the game, but there's some DLC discussion and development discussion.
Personal high point for me is that it sounds like they're going to go with the Fallout 3 style DLC development, making several, smaller DLC packs rather than one large expansion and the fact that they look to create completely different and unique feels and environments for those DLC packs.
---
I <3 M'aiq the Liar
#2runner5676Posted 3/18/2011 7:41:26 AM
Interesting stuff. I would've preferred a single big expansion but eh well. Smaller content releases has it's perks too, like variety. And for some strange reason I hope one of the expansions allows us to travel back to Oblivion (the plane i mean, not Cyrodil)
---
"now i want to go awall in this game and get hororly discharged to get out of this game. this plot is angry me" -Kittyheart
#3TheBonsaiSlayaPosted 3/18/2011 9:12:10 AM
rivve_ posted...
Official Xbox Magazine UK interviews Pete Hines of Bethesda regarding Skyrim.
It was released the 16th of March.

http://itunes.apple.com/gb/podcast/the-official-uk-xbox-360-magazine/id356150877
Hover over Podcast 4 and press the play button.
Did a quick search for "podcast" and "OXM", didn't see a thread, so here you go.

No real new info on the game, but there's some DLC discussion and development discussion.
Personal high point for me is that it sounds like they're going to go with the Fallout 3 style DLC development, making several, smaller DLC packs rather than one large expansion and the fact that they look to create completely different and unique feels and environments for those DLC packs.

In a previous interview, they also said these packs would be larger than FO3 ones and would have a longer development time.
---
You're doin' it wrong!
Japan is serious, don't make jokes about Fallout 4: Japan, or anything like it
#4TheFifthPersonPosted 3/18/2011 9:22:47 AM
Damn, I was hoping for large DLCs :(
Anyway, thanks rivve.
---
Co-head of the Elder Council of Crabdom.
I shot J.R! (original, I know!)
#5runner5676Posted 3/18/2011 12:04:55 PM
It's just occured to me that the reason for this change is that 4 small dlc's is a lot less content than say Shivering Isles, and will probably cost more.
---
"now i want to go awall in this game and get hororly discharged to get out of this game. this plot is angry me" -Kittyheart
#6rivve_(Topic Creator)Posted 3/18/2011 12:16:46 PM
Not necessarily a lot, Point Lookout for example wasn't THAT small, sure, compared to SI, but I'd still say four or more PL sized DLC's is better than one SI.
---
I <3 M'aiq the Liar
#7runner5676Posted 3/18/2011 12:28:05 PM
Yup it's not a lot, but that's not really the point. Point is we're getting less and being charged more for it.

For those interested, 4 DLCs is 40 bucks, Shivering Isles came out at 30 bucks.

Still, i'm not complaining too hard, even though the overall amount of content is lower, I guess there is a premium on variety.
---