PC Gamer Article on Skyrim

#1Izick_the_SpyPosted 3/18/2011 8:07:38 AM
http://www.pcgamer.com/2011/03/18/elder-scrolls-v-skyrim-preview/

*drools*
#2Izick_the_Spy(Topic Creator)Posted 3/18/2011 9:09:32 AM
I did not know you could wield two shield at once. Confused turtle looks boss.
#3gamesrgreatPosted 3/18/2011 9:42:46 AM
I wonder if 2H claymore means no spells
---
Cyclops has never beaten Wolverine
We Three Kings- The Miami Heat 44-21
#4GeddenPosted 3/18/2011 9:47:01 AM(edited)
Thanks for the post.

"Conversely, the target of an assassination quest might be picked from the characters you’ve spent most time with, rather than a perfect stranger, to make the decision to kill them more interesting. If it works, you’ll have no idea this stuff is happening, you’ll just be having a more interesting experience."

I haven't heard that example of Radiant Story yet. That sounds most intriguing. :-)
---
"Happiness makes up for in height for what it lacks in length."
#5rivve_Posted 3/18/2011 9:58:13 AM
Learning dragonshouts apparently works like I thought it would, I just hope they wont hold our hands to the dungeons containing these inscriptions, I want to find them on my own, with nothing but perhaps rumours or hints leading me there.
Maybe the first one could be a quest, sure, but for the later ones I don't want the game to help me along at all.
---
I <3 M'aiq the Liar
#6da_gamaPosted 3/18/2011 10:40:00 AM

Learning dragonshouts apparently works like I thought it would, I just hope they wont hold our hands to the dungeons containing these inscriptions, I want to find them on my own, with nothing but perhaps rumours or hints leading me there.
Maybe the first one could be a quest, sure, but for the later ones I don't want the game to help me along at all.

This most definitely
#7GeddenPosted 3/18/2011 12:05:25 PM
/\ I agree as well. I kind of hope that not all the dragon shouts are required-though I'm sure some/most will be. Even if it's like only one or two dragons that are optional out there, but they're extra difficult to find and defeat.
---
"Happiness makes up for in height for what it lacks in length."
#8VasDeferensPosted 3/18/2011 12:58:25 PM
The point has never been brought to me before this article, about Radiant Story. That's the feature I'm looking forward to now. The game being able to adjust quests depending on the choices you make, will make for a game that will not play the same every time.
---
Kickin in the front seat, Sittin in the back seat
Gotta make my mind up, Which seat can I take?
#9runner5676Posted 3/18/2011 1:01:41 PM
I wonder if that conflict is going to be noticeable or not. In Oblivion, the world was pretty much ending, portals opened all over the place and demons were spewing out and..well nothing really. And if you went to a capital city? they were so behind on the news that all they could talk about was the dead Emperor.

I really hope there is some actual interesting world events in this game, skirmishes between warring factions that you could join in with, t'would be awesome.
---
"now i want to go awall in this game and get hororly discharged to get out of this game. this plot is angry me" -Kittyheart
#10Izick_the_Spy(Topic Creator)Posted 3/18/2011 3:37:51 PM
Gedden posted...
Thanks for the post.

"Conversely, the target of an assassination quest might be picked from the characters you’ve spent most time with, rather than a perfect stranger, to make the decision to kill them more interesting. If it works, you’ll have no idea this stuff is happening, you’ll just be having a more interesting experience."

I haven't heard that example of Radiant Story yet. That sounds most intriguing. :-)

Not trying to be that guy

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IJ_R-G_i4Xk

But Bethesda promised a lot of stuff with the Radiant AI in Oblivion. I'm not saying they can't pull this off, but take this with a grain of salt.

I love TES, but I'm excited for the open RPGness of it, just like Oblivion. Character interaction and the like is icing on the cake of winning that Skyrim will be.